2024 Range Announcement - 9am 2nd April

Just now, John-L said:

Those appear to be some time next year.  Today’s announcement is the first of the new style where Hornby announce models closer to launch.  All of the models mentioned today (except the Class 37) are due to be available over the next six months or so.

So they are doing a Bachmann lol

18 minutes ago, Moccasin said:

The new sets aren’t much more in cost than the HST locomotive sets but yes it does seem a bit odd. I’d suggest that the point/siding is almost unnecessary.

For the HST it’s a bit useless yes, but the track included here is the same as all the other sets, and if you look at the set as the start of a layout then having a siding makes more sense?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Dave the Busker said:

Yeah, bet there will be some questions in the Q&A about that, at least with that it'll be confirmed one way or the other soon

The picture looks like it has a coupler box on the front?  Certainly any shunting layout will need both couplers so I’d assume there will be one.  The class 08 has front and rear couplers so I’d be very surprised if the J50 doesn’t follow the same principles.

3 minutes ago, John-L said:

The picture looks like it has a coupler box on the front?  Certainly any shunting layout will need both couplers so I’d assume there will be one.  The class 08 has front and rear couplers so I’d be very surprised if the J50 doesn’t follow the same principles.

Yeah, I'd presume it's just been photographed/image mocked up with just the rear and the actual production model will have both. Glad to have the Q&A where we can check in on details like that to be sure

There’s definitely a new TT120 brochure coming. See below. When you click through, however, the old brochure is still being shown (well for me at least, others may have more luck). A little patience required. *drums fingers impatiently*

PS For those with any OCD tendencies try to ignore the misaligned boxes in the image….

IMG_0062.thumb.jpeg.ef0b947f6777aba335a170663eed95fb.jpeg

Edited by Moccasin

The 125 Train Set is very reminiscent of the original Hornby 125 set in OO from 70s in what’s included. To keep the price keen, dropping a few track pieces is a smart move, people will buy more track as they see fit. Essentially as is, you are getting the coaches, track and a PSU for free! 
It’s going to be interesting to hear what is discussed this afternoon around the further developments in TT:120. Great touch having designer Louis talk through some of the Cl37 development. This is going to be another huge leap forward for the range, I hope they have a few variants available 😁

2 hours ago, GMD said:

Re signals - I’m surprised that they are pushing this with Peco in the mix too. At MRS Peco rep said they were already in production with them. Perhaps Hornby simply feel that you can’t have a range without offering your own signals. Fair enough if so!

The Peco ones are GWR lower bracket signals, the Hornby ones will be upper bracket so not competing but more complimentary to the TT:120 rage

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rallymatt said:

The 125 Train Set is very reminiscent of the original Hornby 125 set in OO from 70s in what’s included. To keep the price keen, dropping a few track pieces is a smart move, people will buy more track as they see fit. Essentially as is, you are getting the coaches, track and a PSU for free! 
It’s going to be interesting to hear what is discussed this afternoon around the further developments in TT:120. Great touch having designer Louis talk through some of the Cl37 development. This is going to be another huge leap forward for the range, I hope they have a few variants available 😁

Yes I guess the extra point helps to draw people into expansion … “Mum* I just need to get some more track so that I can park the full HST in a siding …. Ooh, now I need another train ….. and another loop …. Definitely a station too…”

*or Dad/wife/husband

So 2024 is stacking up to be a pretty impressive year for TT:120, all being well with supply chains we can expect to see; 

2 additional liveries of HST MK3s          
BR (2 liveries) & LMS 50’ and 57’ coaching stock; MK2 coaching stock in 2(?)liveries, various hopper and mineral wagons; Green 08; Princess in 3 liveries; Class 50 in 3 liveries; Class 66 in 5(?) liveries

We have already had Class 43 in 3 liveries and one set of MK3s and TTA tankers in 3 liveries. 

and on top of all that everything that is announced today to arrive this year. Thats an impressive line up by any standard. 

• Like 1

Just now, Rod-360333 said:

Are the container wagons the same as those in the Arnold range but with different containers? They look the same except for having different colours.

It looks like it and it would make sense, given the synergies between the ranges. Hopefully they’ll release some spare containers too, although there are other suppliers. 

6 minutes ago, Rod-360333 said:

Are the container wagons the same as those in the Arnold range but with different containers? They look the same except for having different colours.

Yes those appear to be the same Arnold models already announced but with a different catalogue number.  It’s interesting that the Hornby versions have got different containers.  I was hoping for some more typical UK brands, or even just some generic brown/green/dark red containers.

So using my large 4K monitor and zooming the "zoomed" image of the HST box to take a closer look at the track layout on the side of the box I'm pretty sure it shows track pack 1 - although it was a little blurry so no guarantees 😆

54 minutes ago, Kenneth-365689 said:

Re peterm67, I think they must come with lights as the price point is the same as the previous lit versions. Be very poor value for the money if they don't. 

I would hope so and given you would moat likely be using these in conjunction with other pullman coaches a pre-requisite unless we are talking about the early DC Scotsman set that had unlit coaches.

So only the one additional new loco for 2024, that kind of suits my wallet as I already have quite a bit on pre order. 

Definately looking forward to some signals but as I have a nice rake of Pullmans already , don’t need any new ones

Looking at the shop, it appears that the 50’ era 5 full brake is in stock, can anyone confirm this