Blue-Grey HST due soon

3 hours ago, Mulsanne88 said:

I am not feeling much love for the era 11 great western version .
That is what I have on order so hopefully it too will arrive mid March 

There's much love here. I live less than than 5 minutes walk from the GWR mainline so anything GWR related is good with me 😃

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PeterM67 said:

There's much love here. I live less than than 5 minutes walk from the GWR mainline so anything GWR related is good with me 😃

This is something that the hobby constantly throws up, what we relate to geographically either from childhood or current. I grew up a dog walk from the fastest (for an HST) section of ECML so it always had to be the ECML flyers for me. The OO 125 (my first proper model set) was a WCML set (253 class) which I was always slightly disappointed about.. We live in enlightened times and manufacturers are good at creating multiple loco identities and curious changes between them, it’s incredible to see how far the hobby has come, there is no comparison with my 1978 125 in OO and what I am seeing in the pictures of the TT:120 versions!! 

1 hour ago, PeterM67 said:

Too green for me, at least if they'd painted the coaches brown and cream it would have been better! 🙂

9 minutes ago, Rallymatt said:

This is something that the hobby constantly throws up, what we relate to geographically either from childhood or current. I grew up a dog walk from the fastest (for an HST) section of ECML so it always had to be the ECML flyers for me.

Lostock Hall shed in '67/'68 for me, so LMS/BR standards and green diesels and early BR Blue. I always felt that the BR Blue era was so drab, the colour itself didn't weather well, either, which didn't help matters, perhaps if they'd have chosen "Electric Blue" instead it may have helped matter! Never saw an HST for ages, they simply never got up our way!

If the house we were moving to had been built on time, I ‘could’ have had a chance of seeing HST ‘P’ giving it the beans! Most of stock running down ECML was well kept so the blue looked quite smart although the HST with its snazzy livery always looked very special and super fast, if you ever missed seeing one… don’t worry there will be another along shortly! You could almost imagine it was a giant trainset with trains doing laps 🤣

The remaining HST locomotives (Blue/Grey and GWR) are now showing as just "pre-order" which, as @DarkRedCape has noted elsewhere in another thread, suggests imminent arrival. The Mk3 GWR coaches are shown as Spring and the Blue/Grey Mk3s are still showing as Summer. We should find out very soon.

• Like 1

I’m sure every reasonable effort is being made to get due stock delivered (and paid for) before the end of this financial year only 2 1/2 weeks away. More TT:120 product with happy modellers won’t do the balance sheet any harm at all 😁

Edited by Rallymatt
SpillChuck failierr
  • Like 1

As I live in Devon the hst trains have been a constant these past 40+ years in all their liveries

As a frequent traveller in recent years the GWR version was a no brainer for me 

My layout (my rules) is not governed by era or region, I just run what I like (and what is available)

I will almost certainly buy whatever gets released finances allowing 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Postman On The Rails said:

Wow meta data now says 14/09/24 but no pre-order season showing hopefully they are just sorting the stock out

Wasn't this the same as for the Swift HST? Day before they said it was in stock?