Blue-Grey HST due soon

Unless there is a very bizarre stock management process… As a delivery arrives it will be booked in, pre-orders from direct sales customers are allocated, Retailer orders (sold and stock) allocated, and an allocation for the Hornby WebShop. I know there was an instance of a pre order not being fulfilled on a set, but I think there was also no spare for Webshop and retailers we not part of the scene. 

Hmmmm.   Out of stock, my pre-order is still showing as pending and no email.

Hopefully it's a glitch with the useless Hornby web commerce system.

Edited by Baz657

3 minutes ago, Baz657 said:

Hmmmm.   Out of stock, my pre-order is still showing as pending and no email.

Hopefully it's a glitch with the useless Hornby web commerce system.

Really wouldn’t worry. There’ll be lots to process and as @Rallymatt says, they will have a strict stock allocation. If nothing comes through by Monday PM, maybe give them a call. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dodge1965 said:

image.thumb.png.d340c2cb4d1d86daa294408d9a99105f.png

Ok, so I am safe now 🤣

Was thinking about this very long

Was thinking to stick to era <= 4 for now.

But so worried that all these good trains would not be available afterwards 😬

Items bouncing in & out of stock on the website isn’t technically an IT issue, but an indication of the outsourced logistic process used.

It has been previously mentioned (by reputable sources) that Hornby’s storage warehousing is separate from the webshop/despatch warehousing.  Stock has to be ‘allocated’ to the webshop warehousing for it to be available to purchase.

Assuming the webshop/despatch warehousing has finite space (& is not Gallifreyan) - then new stock will only be able to be added, as sold stock is actually removed/despatched!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Postman On The Rails said:

Tuesday Delivery is my bet, still not had my email or payment taken so the excitement has gone for now replaced with disappointment 

Yes I know that feeling when despatch takes ages on standard delivery orders. Worst is when you get the despatch and first DPD email on a Friday and know it won’t actually leave the warehouse until at least Monday. That happened to me recently so I was surprised that I had an email today. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Postman On The Rails said:

Tuesday Delivery is my bet, still not had my email or payment taken so the excitement has gone for now replaced with disappointment 

Snap... Toys are being thrown all over the place and right out of my pram. Don't Hornby know who i am😎🤣🤣 

They have ruined my weekend... Time for a sulk 🙈

• Haha 3

First you have your toy digital calipers insulted and now no HST to play with, other than the one you already have…. This is building to quite a tantrum… Avoid major supermarkets too, things are a bit chaotic ohhh and M25 is shut 🤣

• Haha 1

Tee-hee . . . Such drama.

Usually DPD delivery is 2 days after pickup. Time from notification of order to actual pickup is the killer.

On the other hand a parcel for me was posted in Canada (west coast) on 13th. It is sitting in Norwich Parcel Force office ready for delivery.

• Like 1

Yes it can be frustrating with the delay between Hornby’s despatch registering a package with DPD and it being picked up.

I recall that I asked about this when calling customer services once, as I’d had the ccl-logistics despatch email and DPD’s first email on a Thursday or Friday, yet it wasn’t in DPD’s hands until Monday. I assume CCL count despatch as being packaged, labelled and tossed* onto the pallet/into the trolley cage or whatever they use. My last Hornby delivery was at the Sittingborne DPD depot mid-afternoon on the Monday and in Gateshead in Team Valley ready for delivery on Tuesday morning, having been registered with DPD about 1400 Friday and the CCL email at 1800 that evening (presumably missing that day’s pick-up).

Overall I find DPD good and far more helpful than some of their competitors, as long as you have delivery details - less good if it’s a gift etc which you’re unaware of as they usually deliver at the same time three days in a row and can’t be told to leave in a safe place. UPS are quite bad as there is no way to change the local delivery.

*being facetious, I’m sure they’re handled with care!

Still waiting for a notification about my blue/yellow HST. As for the GWR version. I had the CC updated in less than 5 minutes after getting the update request but still no shipping notification.

It's going to be a long weekend 😅

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PeterM67 said:

Still waiting for a notification about my blue/yellow HST. As for the GWR version. I had the CC updated in less than 5 minutes after getting the update request but still no shipping notification.

It's going to be a long weekend 😅

I’ll shut up as I’m in danger of being lynched! 😀

Edited by Moccasin

Just now, Dodge1965 said:

Defo... The mob is on its way to your house !!!!  But we might wait till u get the 125 😃

Just keep those pitchforks away from the track. We don’t want any short circuits now.

• Haha 1