Accurascale Goes TT

Renoir

@Dodge1965 - I'd say we've maybe all gotten a bit too excited - yes, we want them to jump aboard - but the figures may simply have been a bit of fun, easily resized with no real work required by way of design resources. Hope I'm wrong of course! Either way, even if they are working on something more substantial - they're not ready to admit it!

• Like 1

A two tone Green Deltic would look most excellent charging through the Twizell Valley… as would a class 104 rattling into High Fell station or a 25…. Whoever makes them 😁

Edited by Rallymatt
Spooling error
  • Like 2

They’ve so far sold 38 of 120 sets (in approx 24hrs) - that won’t be enough info to base a final decision on.

I would therefore read the above statements as:
• they have absolutely no intention of giving up on OO.
• technically they aren’t making any TT:120 models - they’ve commissioned these figures from modelu.
• they will only consider properly entering the TT:120 market if something indicates that it would be viable to do so.

To add to the Accura-wishlist:
• British Steel PTA tippler wagons (would go well with H’s Class 37.)
• Class 55 Deltic (would look excellent with H’s Mk 1s & 2s.)
• Ruston 88DS (would be amazing for shunting yards - but may be too small for TT:120!)

When I was at MRS and talked to Martyn Weaver on the Hornby stand, he seemed confident that other manufacturers would enter the scale soon.The Accurascale reply doesn’t rule anything out, and saying that OO is their main focus is no surprise - even if they produced a TT120 model, that statement would still be true.

I’d suspect that this was them dipping their toes in to generate some interest and mystique. I’d be surprised if they hadn’t dabbled in some CAD work to see how scaling down current models works. We saw Simon K apparently talking to Peco about TT120 on Hornby: A Model World and who’s to say that Martyn and Karl haven’t had a chat with Accurascale and others?  They have plenty on their plate already and you could argue that another manufacturer getting involved could only help. It all depends what the relationships are like between these companies these days after the changes in key personnel. 

Edited by Moccasin
I almost introduced a new minuscule scale - TT1120!
  • Like 1

It’s strange how negative some people are about this scale.  I just don’t get it, it’s not like manufacturing is a zero sum game where manufacturers can only make one scale.  I honestly wonder if Accurascale made a N gauge wagon would anyone bat an eyelid?  There just seems to be something about TT that’s bringing out the trolls. I don’t see anyone complaining about their O gauge range?

• Like 3

@John-L It is not too surprising that the OO doom-mongers aren’t threatened by O gauge models, since their size & price restrict that market from causing overlap.  Equally N gauge modellers find greater dexterity & eyesight beneficial - again restricting market overlap.

Unfortunately the very advantages of TT:120 that have been so clearly highlighted (accurate scale-gauge, size/space reduction, no significant loss of quality/detail & no significant increase to fragility) absolutely overlap & encroach upon the potential for OO market growth - just like OO did to O more than half a century ago.

Therefore certain doom-mongers have a vested interest in TT:120’s failure, and want to (strongly) express their lack of interest - to discourage its potential for success.

Edited by LTSR_NSE
  • Like 2

On 04/04/2024 at 14:44, Renoir said:

Yes, I wondered if the figures were Accurascale personnel 😊  Agree, I have a few of their wagons and they are not only very good but also good value in the three item sets. Accurascale was the manufacturer I was hoping would "get on board" with TT:120 . I'm wondering if it's worth ordering the figures just to make the point that the TT:120 community are eager for them to proceed? I wonder if Peachy and Mac have made contact with Richard at Accurascale yet?

Hopefully one day he’ll talk to us…

Maybe after he’s seen our first 2 real guests in our next “Let’s Talk TT’ video 😉

(I promise it’s gonna be good..😊 )

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Peachy said:

Hopefully one day he’ll talk to us…

Maybe after he’s seen our first 2 real guests in our next “Let’s Talk TT’ video 😉

(I promise it’s gonna be good..😊 )

The man’s not lying… teasing yes, but lying? Nope! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Accurascale have made N gauge models but not under their own name. They have suggested that they might make N gauge models under their own name but nothing has come of it yet.

Revolution Trains did express possible interest in producing TT120 models a while back. They produce mostly "modern image" rolling stock and DMUs / EMUs in N and also in OO. They have made or are planning units of classes 120/128/175/180, 313/314, 320/321, and 1938 Tube stock in N, and mark 5 coaches (including the ill-fated TPE stock), and quite a range of modern wagons.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, D9020 Nimbus said:

Accurascale have made N gauge models but not under their own name. They have suggested that they might make N gauge models under their own name but nothing has come of it yet.

Revolution Trains did express possible interest in producing TT120 models a while back. They produce mostly "modern image" rolling stock and DMUs / EMUs in N and also in OO. They have made or are planning units of classes 120/128/175/180, 313/314, 320/321, and 1938 Tube stock in N, and mark 5 coaches (including the ill-fated TPE stock), and quite a range of modern wagons.

Ooo tub stock

Of course they are looking at something. You do not release a TT version of the team that actually measures the prototype in order to create models, and then not have an agenda of some sort. Regardless of what they say...

• Like 3

5 hours ago, HST Mainline said:

Of course they are looking at something. You do not release a TT version of the team that actually measures the prototype in order to create models, and then not have an agenda of some sort. Regardless of what they say...

You’re right. Read their announcement on RMWeb. It’s clear that they’re dipping their toe in the water. 

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/forums/topic/185514-tt-accurascale-without-the-bikes-and-ioman/

• Like 1