Accurascale Goes TT

Renoir

I would love to see the likes of Accurascale, KR or Rapido make something in TT:120. 
There is no worry about DCC compatability as the pin out will work for HM7000 or other’s DCC decoders.  Out of the box, the Hornby HM7000 equipped locos operate immediately as DCC decoder locos. If you so desire, you can replace the HM7000 decoder with another brand.
If all you want is one HM7000 loco, all you need to do is change the power supply for your DC layout. 
New manufacturers could simply offer DC locos as DCC ready with space and socket, but Hornby would need to offer a sound profile for a loco they are not manufacturing, if you wanted use their HM7000 system.
Other manufacturers will help grow TT:120. 
What say you?

@Timothy-350163 I do agree Timothy. In fact (and maybe this is heresy!!!) but I for one couldn't tell the difference between the sounds of one steamy or the knocking of some particular old diesel loco. If they brought out a loco that had no HM7k file (which would seem likely) then I confess it wouldn't greatly trouble me at all - so long as there was a 'close enough' sound file that was available. But then again I have little knowledge or experience of prototypes so I understand that may well not be the majority position. Hmm - I feel a poll coming on...

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Skelton Junction said:

Which begs the question why get involved in this manner. 

He's entitled to state his opinion, how else would we have moved on from things like moulded on handrails of the 60s locos if people didn't say something. I am on another thread on another forum where I dared to criticise something and got some grief, but it's the only way to improve the breed, nothing is perfect and, if necessary, comments need to be made. BTW I feel there's lots of over-reaction to this release, but maybe I'll be proved wrong and they'll offer more TT in due course, we can live in hope!

Edited by Hobby1707822967

Regarding HM7000 compatibility it's not just a case of checking if the locomotive has the appropriate decoder socket. You would also need to take into account clearance. The HM7000 decoders are oversize so the manufacturer has to take that into account and make sure there is sufficient room otherwise the purchaser is forced to look at a 3rd party chip to ensure it will fit along with the necessary full DCC solution to drive it and possible a HM7000 legacy dongle if they want to use the app.

If the manufacturer assumes that HM7000 will be used and designs that in then not a problem 😀

3 minutes ago, Skelton Junction said:

Apologies for my poorly worded sentence @Hobby1707822967  my query as to why get involved in this manner was aimed at Accurascale and not the inimitable @Dodge1965

@Skelton Junction Are u saying i'm special !!!🤣 (i had to look the meaning up!!) 

I for once knew what u meant, with your reply.. That doesn't happen very often.😎 

• Like 1