new look forum

12 minutes ago, dogsbody said:

Some warning would have been nice.

There was warning, you obviously didn't read it, and I merged your other post on the same subject with the pre-existing thread rather than having lots of threads on the same topic.

• Like 2

I’d be interested to know when upgrades are planned or happen. 
There seems to me to be a problem with the notifications. When I open that link it shows latest notifications together with a time. They are in order with the most recent at the top. Yet when I click on the link, the notification is not to be found. 
Obviously a bug, but how do we report these?

Pity there’s no app …..

The review of issues is in hand but when any changes to current operation might happen is in the lap of Hornby. Notifications are certainly an area of interest. Watch this space. R-

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Without knowing where to post comments, I’m going to do that here. 
On the phone, the Airfix Forum is third behind Hornby and Scalextric. As someone who only visits the Airfix Forum, I would like the ability to move this Forum to the top of the list so that it’s immediately visible when I open the community page. 
Can this be added to the upgrade list please. 

3 hours ago, Dominic Thomas said:

Without knowing where to post comments, I’m going to do that here. 
On the phone, the Airfix Forum is third behind Hornby and Scalextric. As someone who only visits the Airfix Forum, I would like the ability to move this Forum to the top of the list so that it’s immediately visible when I open the community page. 
Can this be added to the upgrade list please. 

The positions of Hornby, Scalextric, and Airfix may be determined by the traffic on their respective areas. I think that the trains will always be first, because their volume of posts far exceeds the other brands.

The proposed plan is to have a landing page showing all available brand forums in a grid (aka big buttons), then selection of one of those takes you to the brand forum proper, which will show only your brand sub forums and restricting you from inadvertently falling back into the gen-pop bucket of posts seen when you select Unread Content.

1 hour ago, Dominic Thomas said:

Thank you. 
Next question: how do we get more information on the Rank Progess system? I can see the advice about number of points needed for the next Rank, but how are points awarded?

You get points for every post and your reaction to posts.

9 minutes ago, Dominic Thomas said:

I’ve got to ask, how is the reaction to posts determined, and by whom?

I think each user gets additional points for every reaction (a "like", "thanks", "haha" etc) they leave on other users' posts. So it's entirely in each user's control how many points they receive (well it would be if the number of reactions each user has in a 24 hour period wasn't limited by the platform).

Edited by Moccasin
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...