6 Pin Decoders Now Showing Autumn 2025

Just having a nosy at arnold items and noticed some diesel shunters on there with DCC fitted versions (6pin) release data has October 2024 and thought oooo they maybe due soon, checked Hornby site and they are showing Autumn 2025 hopefully just a place holder while they sort the issues with manufacture in Hong Kong. Feel sorry for my DB 08 Shunter per thing will have been packed up for over a year and half only seeing daylight for the odd photo shoot 😝 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Irishmail said:

Can you  not  use  a Lenz  6 pin  decoder  in  your  08?

While you can use the dongle, that pre-supposes people have a Select/Elite. I’m lucky that I do but many don’t. 

Is  the dongle  if  you  want  to  use  bluetooth operation?   

For  'normal'  DCC  you  would  just  need  the  decoder.  The  origional  post  just  mentions  DCC  thats  why  I suggested  the  Lenz  decoder.   Obviously  a diferent  mater if you  want  bluetooth. 

I guess the point I was (badly) aiming for is that those starting out in TT120 using HM7000 without a DCC controller are unable to use their 08s until the HM7000 decoder comes.

Anyone with a starter set either has to buy a better analogue controller or a Select/Elite if they can’t use the 08 on HM7000

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, GMD said:

I'm in the same boat @Postman On The Rails. For me I am keen to get the 6pin for the 08 - and won't get another 6pin until there is an HM7k option for it. Unless I get brave and try to shoehorn in an eight pin somehow...

That’s @Peachy  level I can only aspire too, defo learning lots but still nervous 😬 about tinkering under the hood, I was hopeful they would be due soon so pre-ordered the BR Green 08 for extra shunting opportunities so will have two sat in the box.

• Like 1

I’m glad that I’ve currently opted to return to DC although that’s only for now. Let’s hope they can get it worked out sooner rather than later. The 08 is amazing I actually use it the most due to shunting. At least the various upcoming locos have front couplers so people can do a bit more on their layouts. 

• Like 1