Hornby 2015 Range Announcements

Jeremiah

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are a lot of people on Hornby's facebook page pointing out the incredibly high prices of certain products this year. I do struggle to understand how £108 for a gronk can be justified.

Yes, I have thoughts on the cause of these high prices and put some of the blame on the specials from some retailers. If they can get away with "special commisions" at high prices then the big makers can up their prices as well, knowing that they can also charge higher prices. The wages increase in China have impacted but that is not the whole reason we are seeing prices go spiralling upwards faster that an Appollo  rocket. You will note after a few months slow moving stock plummets in price. Maybe that is why certain items are selling out quickly as the production is less to maintain the price in recent months. I paid over £100 for a Heljan "LION" and it was a poor seller that now sells at £79.

Well, not a bad turn out, although few items that are high on my personal wish list are here, the selection does offer a good spread of steam locomotives. Shame that the Adams Radial duplicates the Oxford announcement, and I am curious to note that the class 71 does not appear, has common sense prevailed now that DJM have already announced theirs?

Hey LC,

At Warley Hornby stated it as a 2016 announcement 

There are a lot of people on Hornby's facebook page pointing out the incredibly high prices of certain products this year. I do struggle to understand how £108 for a gronk can be justified.

I don't have you compared the model to the B version, no comparison - opening doors,detailed driving desk, proper size connecting rods, pipes where they should be, control especially on DCC. Want me to go on.

Not as exited this year as last, which is fine seeing as what I really wanted from 2014 is coming in 2015 anyway! I may be tempted by the LNER J50 and possibly the as preserved radial. For some reason though the as preserved radial seems to have disappeared from the website.

I won't put my order in until January - S15's and the weathered 700 Class are on the list, tempted by Bude - have yet to order the E4 from Bluebox. I am awaiting a Beattie Well Tank, a Class 02 and two sets of LSWR Gate Stock Pull/Push coaches from another source. I am hoping for a quiet year (purchase wise) in 2015.

Hi

Not a lot for me AGAIN. Only waiting for the K1 which seems to have slipped into the country without notice and has sold as fast as it arrived. The J50 is only suitable for exGNR lines.

Couple of interesting notes: the BR horsebox has a 'condemned' symbol on it.

5043 Earl of Mount Edgecumbe has an early crest on the tender, yet she wasn't fitted with a double chimney till May 1958 !!!

The model of #5043 is as preserved aka from here restoration in 2008 all the way up to this year.

I'm definitly liking the new announcements, especially the TTS Western Express Set with #4935 Ketley Hall, then there's the Urie S15 *frothing like crazy from that one*, & they decided to FINALLY make #5043 Earl of Mouth Edgcumbe, I'm crazy frothing right now.

Meant SR Maunsell S15 *still heavily on my purchase list all things considered*.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived