SR 'U' or 'U1' 2-6-0

Metropolitan / LTPB 'E' 0-4-4T

Metropolitan / LPTB Dreadnought carriages

SR Restriction '0' deep window carriages

LTPB 'O'/'P' stock

SR 4Sub EMU

BR(S) 1951 4EPB EMU

BR (S) 6S DEMU

Steam Engineering crane / Steam breakdown crane smaller than the 75 tonner.

21t LNER/BR Coal Hopper (detailed)

BR or Continental Ferry van (1950s designs)

HL / RSH or Peckett 0-4-0ST

Not too many though as have not got an unlimited bank balance!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A new 0-4-0 accurate to scale (using the L&Y pug chassis?) and recogniseable as one of the many designs of 0-4-0 that can be found around the UK today... I know I've said it before but I genuinely didn't believe that two of Hornby's 0-4-0s were actual locos until recently. Seriously though, some small locos like a peckett 0-4-0ST, Manning Wardle 0-4-0ST or an LNER Y7 would be cool.

No no no no. I am All for a new locomotives but with brand new chassis. Don't ruin a new 0-4-0 with a thats close enough chassis

Fair enough; I won't argue with that! A new chassis would be even nicer, I just assumed that they wouldn't bother.

I've just read on Rmweb that some traders have had their orders cancelled which is a bit or worry hopefully hornby will have something to say about this and put the facts on the table.

LC & DR is that just for this year then.

Hi Alessio I hope hornby would do a decent job especially as there are now other small tanks in the pipeline from other manufacturers all being treated as high spec models

It sounds like, after a hard year or more trying to come out of a massive down turn, linked to problems in manufacture and the supply chain, that 2014 catalogue has been wiped clean but is probably held for a few weeks awaiting customer comments.

People's wants and needs change, if anyone wanted anything from the 2014 catalogue, tell them now, so they can be consided for the 2015 catalogue. Once the 2015 catalogue is finalised the old considerations will have gone.

PJ

I honestly think they should forget about anything new for 2015. Just get rid of the backlog and start again in 2016.

Hi WTD

I think they should be very realistic what they put in the catalogue, knowing if they put it in that they can supply it.

They have no excuse now, they have 12-24 months of learning under their belts. If they cannot supply, they must not build people's hopes up. They have to build confidence back into the market for the Hornby name, with suppliers and with customers.

PJ

Trouble is PJ if Hornby announce that they are going to produce a Bullseye 4-16-2 tank engine in 2015, some on this forum will be asking where it is by the end of Februrary and saying it's disgusting that Hornby have let everybody down and are only interested in making money ...............watch this space.

I think they should just say that new items will be available and then surprise us.

Trouble is PJ if Hornby announce that they are going to produce a Bullseye 4-16-2 tank engine in 2015, some on this forum will be asking where it is by the end of Februrary and saying it's disgusting that Hornby have let everybody down and are only interested in making money ...............watch this space.

I think they should just say that new items will be available and then surprise us.

Wrong again, WTD.

The first complaint about availability will be on Jan 2nd!! Then the complaint about Hornby only interested in making a profit on the third. I must admit, though, I've yet to encounter a company that isn't, at the bottom line, only interested in making a profit.

Nothing else matters. The means to making that profit is obviously different, company to company, but profit is the name of the game.

Wrong again, WTD.

The first complaint about availability will be on Jan 2nd!! Then the complaint about Hornby only interested in making a profit on the third. I must admit, though, I've yet to encounter a company that isn't, at the bottom line, only interested in making a profit.

Nothing else matters. The means to making that profit is obviously different, company to company, but profit is the name of the game.

I think Hornby have learnt the hard lesson. They are now forecasting what they know they can deliver, and delivering what they have forecast. They are now say coming Q1,2,3,4 so all this is positive. (Although many of us WANT what we want today)

As for PROFIT that should NOT be first on any companies list.

Margins come first, profit follows. ;o)

Providing the margins are realistic that is, if not they are swallowed up by over heads and there is no profit.

So is margins the name of the game? ;o)

PJ

I've just read on Rmweb that some traders have had their orders cancelled which is a bit or worry hopefully hornby will have something to say about this and put the facts on the table.

LC & DR is that just for this year then.

Hi Alessio I hope hornby would do a decent job especially as there are now other small tanks in the pipeline from other manufacturers all being treated as high spec models

Well I did say I would like at least one of something from the list. Realistically I don't expect to get anything at all, and certainly not everything, well not all at once, but at least I can dream. In the past I did dream about SR 'N' 2-6-0, SR Q1 0-6-0, super detail SR N15 4-6-0, super detail SR 'V' 4-4-0, SR rebuilt MN 4-6-2, SR 'WC/BB' 4-6-2, SR rebuilt 'WC/BB' 4-6-2, SECR 'C' 0-6-0, LBSCR E4 0-6-2T, LBSCR H2 4-4-2, BR(M) 2MT 2-6-2T, BR(M) 4MT 2-6-4T, SR 2Hal EMU, Maunsell Restriction 4 carriages, SR Van B, SR Van C , SR PMV/Covcar, BR(S) 2EPB, BR(S) 4Cep, BR(S) MLV, BR (S) 2550hp Bo-Bo electric, and SE&CR Trio 'C' sets. All these have been delivered or are promised soon.

As a silly aside - will the Bullseye 4-16-2 tank engine go round a first radius curve? :-)

Yes, providing the centre 8 wheels are flangeless !!

Were they ever seen on the southern region?

Yes, the Wenford Bridge china clay line in Cornwall. Also the dock lines in Southampton. A proposal to ship some to the Isle of Wight was cancelled as they were too big (in size) to be lifted by the Southampton floating crane.

Hi all,

Nice to know the Adams radial is on its (long way). But I for one will never pre-order anything on the basis of a mere illustration of a distant product. Then to top it all it comes only as early or late BR. Surely this is typically the kind of engine that cries out to be finished in one or more of its pre-grouping/pre-nationalization liveries. So no thanks for the time being even if it does not involve paying a deposit.

Come on Hornby, clear the backlog first. I will be getting my very long awaited Bittern early next week (not from this site but elsewhere where it is is/was £20 cheaper.

And the same mistakes persists in the "new" site/concession exclusive section with the LMS Coronation pack. Not LMS and not even to scale. Shouldn't even be in the Railroad range that should also be to scale but simplified. Margate, that produces such great models at good prices, should get rid of this toy image, excpt in an appropriate children's range.

Come on hornby what are these coaches in your display case at the show. ARE they LMS none corridor suburban stock. PS . Set up paypal for payment for pre orders please I want some of your BR 21T hoppers.

I always thought PayPal payments always went out immediately so wouldn't be suitable for pre-orders from any source.

When you use PayPal you log onto them and tell them to send money and your address to whoever you are buying from, the seller doesn't contact paypal asking for payment, therefore it's up to you to ask PayPal to look onto the Hornby web site and see when the item is available and send Hornby the money. Now that ain't gonna happen.

Archived