Hornby 2015 Range Announcements

Jeremiah

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadly the 0415 Adams Radial was based too far west for it to be much use for me, unless a special edition as EKR No 5 was to appear (Hint, hint - Collectors Club special edition??).

As to usefulness the 21 ton hoppers ARE! If these are being tooled to the same standard as they previous 'TOPE' ballast wagon I should be very pleased. The LMS Horse Box in interesting too! Now their wagons are starting to improve.

Sadly the 0415 Adams Radial was based too far west for it to be much use for me, unless a special edition as EKR No 5 was to appear (Hint, hint - Collectors Club special edition??).

As to usefulness the 21 ton hoppers ARE! If these are being tooled to the same standard as they previous 'TOPE' ballast wagon I should be very pleased. The LMS Horse Box in interesting too! Now their wagons are starting to improve.

If you wanted them to release the Radial as a Collectors Club special edition then you will be waiting at least 2 years from them annoucing it. I'm still waiting for the terriers announced 18 months ago that are now due for delivery in June 2015, and thats an existing model with tooling all ready to go so how long for a special run of radials?

this is another fair and well thing from hornby however some of us are stll awaiting products from 2013! YES EVERYONE 2013. the BR class 56 'large arrow'

well give it around 11 months when hornby put a post about deffered items being carried over from 2015 - 2016

and talking of 2016 maybe they will be making the 2013 eurostar which has been cancelled and never made

my wish list:

- to see hornby make a reasonable number of coaches to meet demand ( network rail & grand central MK3 springs to mind)

- see some commuter liveries & electrostars/desiros

- or one of the 3 airport express trains (heathrow express preferred)

- a coupling which can be fitted to class 395 noses ( so i can make a 12 coach 395)

- realiability

- anything with network rail on the side (and make sure it has logos and not just painted yellow like the cl73)

I've been hankering after a Class 71 or 74 for ages. I signed up to the DJ Models version just a day before you anounced your intentions at Warley to release the same. I can't really see the logic in keeping things a secret because two companies could be researching the same model and eventually have to share the market (witness the Dapol and Bachmann 10000 / 10001 and the almost catastrophic Heljan / Bachmann Blue Pullman. If you were to announce your intentions earlier, the other company could put their efforts into something different. As it is, I am now comitted to the DJM model.

I've been hankering after a Class 71 or 74 for ages. I signed up to the DJ Models version just a day before you anounced your intentions at Warley to release the same. I can't really see the logic in keeping things a secret because two companies could be researching the same model and eventually have to share the market (witness the Dapol and Bachmann 10000 / 10001 and the almost catastrophic Heljan / Bachmann Blue Pullman. If you were to announce your intentions earlier, the other company could put their efforts into something different. As it is, I am now comitted to the DJM model.

Sadly I am in the same boat, having put the 71 on my wishlist for many years and getting no response, as soon as DJM announced it I signed up to it. I am unlikely to buy two as I am primarily interested in the 1950s so this class requires a significant 'stretch' of my criteria to include it. The Adams Radial also fails to attract me (unless it is turned out as East Kent No 5) which again is stretching a point yet again as the Southern Railway bought it back long before 1950. I certainly will not be buying two.

If  the manufacturers MUST duplicate then let it be the common types (classes of 50 or more examples) and come to some understanding and openness about the tiny classes. There are many many excellent class types that are crying out to be modelled. The North Eastern Railway, the Caledonian, North British and Highland Railways, the Great Northern, the Lancashire and Yorkshire and the London and North Western all cry out to be adopted as themes for the future. The South Eastern and Chatham too with its gaudy and colourful liveries has already proved to be a commercial winner, and that with a humble 0-6-0, how much more could be achieved with a 4-4-0 of classes D or E, or the H 0-4-4T.

I hear what is said about market fixing, but surely this only applies if it creates a monopoly or cartel, but by extending research to determine what is and isn't being considered for future production is surely a move AWAY from a cartel, offering the consumer MORE choice not less.

Archived