A couple of forum improvement suggestions

Nozzle

I'd like to suggest a couple of forum improvements:

1) have an option to remain logged in by way of cookies.

2) have an option to navigate directly to posts I've already made, saves having to remember and having to navigate manually (to see the/any responses

3) have an option to turn on/off notifications if a thread that a user has started has a new posting

• 11 months later...

As Nozzle said,  some form of notification system would transform this forum.

I dont know if any progress in the technical capabilities has been made since he suggested this in January?  

I understand its easier for me to say than for someone to do... 

But if you look at one of the forum hosting apps such as "Tapatalk",  you can "subscribe " to any thread meaning you get notifications on all posts made, and you can also subscribe to whole sub forums notifying you when a new thread is created.

It would also be useful for commonly used posts to become "pinned/stickies" so that they always appear first in the subgroup so you and new users instantly see the most active and popular threads (and until we have a subscribe feature we can find them without scrolling through multiple pages) 

Possible a like/favourite button on.posts would be a nice touch in future

Keep up the good work!  

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I hope its ok to continue to add to this section. An improvememt suggestion is to allow the upload of other document types. In particular, I have managed to aquire and now have scanned copies of instructions for C451 Fuel Tank, and C452 Think Tank. I know many others also have trouble finding such instructions and would be useful to be able to upload the pdfs so others may benifit. Maybe a section for such instructions would be useful, as there are many items that are just not available anymore. I know this as I have contacted the manufacturer a few times, and each time the answer is the same, that they do not have these instructions anymore, and cannot help.

• 5 months later...

Notification of replies to posts and being able to subscribe to sub forums and threads is long overdue.

Most forums have them by default and they are very important in facilitating timely interactivity.

Sorry for the corporate speak but maybe the suits will appreciate it  😉  

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In the northern hemisphere this is summertime, when the living is suppose to be easy.

But we have the virus to deal with along with politics in the new world and brexit in the old.

With many locations now loosening up their restrictions, people are putting away their toys which were usefull during the shelter in place stage to pass the time and instead are going outside.

Slot racing normally goes on an hiatus until fall when newbies arrive to ask about which set to buy and then how to make it work.

So am enjoying the quiet time again.