Airfix - What's your Latest Acquisition?

Technically not an acquisition, but a commission for one of my Railway Clients - a rather big ship, 1/72nd Scale Flower Class Corvette arrived and a freebie for my stash a very old Airfix Short Stirling he's given me - the box is a bit battered but the contents are still sealed..

.. may well do a captured colour & decal scheme on it..

/media/tinymce_upload/1b4b9d348c30ab8138922d4e65c0210a.jpg

Other acquisitions have been, new bottles of Micro Sol & Micro Set, more upgrades for the Challenger 2 (wheels and suspension) and couple Pilot fine silver & gold paint pens.

Speaking of the Challenger 2, what's the Humbrol colour number for the Desert Sand?

i think 56 rings a bell

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

more upgrades for the Challenger 2 (wheels and suspension) and couple Pilot fine silver & gold paint pens.

Speaking of the Challenger 2, what's the Humbrol colour number for the Desert Sand?

Not sure, but it's neither 93 nor 94 (one being "Desert Yellow" and the other "Desert Sand"), but a much lighter and more "yellow" colour.

more upgrades for the Challenger 2 (wheels and suspension) and couple Pilot fine silver & gold paint pens.

Not sure, but it's neither 93 nor 94 (one being "Desert Yellow" and the other "Desert Sand"), but a much lighter and more "yellow" colour.

Thanks @Paws4thot, I may have mix and match by the looks of it.

Its the original Airfix boxing complete with the JCB. Dapol sold them separately. I don't know about their current availability.

Yes, both the Lowmac and the JCB are available from Dapol.  The Airfix version is becoming rather difficult to find.  I'm still looking for an Airfix 0-6-0 tank engine......  That one is not available from Dapol.

My lastest acquistions, I think I got a little carried away this month ........ ?/media/tinymce_upload/eafee2742d5103a4c1ca9e88a318d39c.JPG

/media/tinymce_upload/fd8b598fa6722b1132d0e658fd23c667.JPG

Both from the Halifax Model Show and the C-47 was inspired by PMM's recent build.

/media/tinymce_upload/2ee215bb02174add40f053fe858b7e7d.JPG 

/media/tinymce_upload/50597c9d828c09c0070045c2d4b668ba.JPG

/media/tinymce_upload/f6e4006a2ae95102358464e0797ecb19.JPG

Future intended builds!

/media/tinymce_upload/68347e98a8dee2ae237daba208934514.JPG 

I got the Defiant from a Model Shop to add to my growing 1:48th Scale Collection and added some detail parts for it from the internet!

/media/tinymce_upload/f0922e5e4b0f8166f7a9cd0f68ae975f.JPG

I should take some time off from purchasing to catch up with my build schedule, but will that happen??

At  the local IPMS meeting last night picked up 5 Aircraft of the Aces, and in a pile of 2nd hands saw the Lagg 3 1, 5, 11 series by Roden. Now that will go nicely with my series 66 kit so it had to come home with me. My first addition to my stash this year. 

/media/tinymce_upload/63ec94cfcfe2cc1575e7365ebe35d951.jpg

James I hope you like the bird-dog all 148 parts. Just be prepared to assemble it in private as if in common with other Roden kits I'm sure your vocabulary will be put to good use, they're not shake-and-bake kits but more of a challenger. Good luck.

Remember we do this for fun                              John the Pom