Airfix - What's your Latest Acquisition?

Academy P-47D Thunderbolt Bubbletop 1:72

I like Academy kits, i have built one (P-51B/C) but found it a rather pleasurable experience all in! Looking forward to making this one, though i might tease myself by building another kit before it! (just to keep myself interested), it looks like a very nice kit and the P-47 is a favourite of mine.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A few more bits of armour, another Flower class and a paint rack are my latest acquisitions...

And what's up Buttercup (after a false dawn too)..

Even with a bulged disc between the C7 & C8 Vertebra has only slowed me down a bit...

And time to ditch the various containers - my first paint rack to keep my Vallejo Paints organised from Empires at War..

/media/tinymce_upload/55eed46f4b95794a215073db14aa826b.jpg

TTFN

Very neat and tidy! I keep my tinlets in an old plastic forling toolbox my Dad gave me a while back, its very handy for that. I did make two simple racks for my paintbrushes and for my other tools just recently so i can keep my workspace tidy and clear. Just simple blocks of wood with 'oles drilled in them, but they do the job very effectively.

Some paint and tool racks to try and keep my modelling space tidy (you think assembling models is challenging), a Micro-Mesh sanding/polishing kit, 18mm & 10mm masking tape and some Tamiya Ultra-thin solvent cement. No models this time!

/media/tinymce_upload/a9f675b35c31f5e4ba650fc705741c29.jpg

Airfix 1/48 Spitfire XIV, first model for 20 odd years, see how it goes, hoping to make as rapid progress as Aussie Jeff, here's hoping! Advice on weathering would be much appreciated, haven't done this before and am keen to add a bit of realism, assuming I get that far of course!

Airfix 1/48 Spitfire XIV, first model for 20 odd years, see how it goes, hoping to make as rapid progress as Aussie Jeff, here's hoping! Advice on weathering would be much appreciated, haven't done this before and am keen to add a bit of realism, assuming I get that far of course!

Well, despite all the talk of "weathering", the only times you can say for sure what a subject looked like are when it's factory fresh or straight from a major overhaul.

Browsing in a local shop and found the Airfix fairey Battle, and $7 CDN procured it. I understand it has some... uh... 'accuracy issues', but that doesn't often bother those of us who indulge in the murky world of "What if?" I'm thinking of doing it with a radial engine, I have a couple left over from the Matchbox Vickers Wellesley.

/media/tinymce_upload/9692856a7715130f679b4cd665fc84c3.jpg

Still no Spifire Mk 14 at my hobby shop but I got these two anyway. I am slowly working on A05113 Mk IX/XVI and have the Mk XII in the stash. I left the Seafire XVII on the shelf at the hobby shop which might have been a mistake. How many 1/48th scale Airfix Spits does a person need?