Airfix - What's your Latest Acquisition?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There's probably loads listed on auction sites, username 'former Hermes, DPD, FedEx couriers lol!

LOL! This is the first time I've had a problem with Hermes, although their reputation does precede them.

Yes it was only topical because I had a parcel go missing last week when I sold a old made model, I usually send quite a few parcels and it's the first time it had happened to me!

My latest delivery from Airfix (Mods & Admin shame on you for meddling elsewhere on the forum)

/media/tinymce_upload/5cf76d762a68d94665094358c7172686.jpg

And another Shackleton...oops (still waiting on the missing parts from Airfix for the AEW.2)

/media/tinymce_upload/70353bcc8267ab7740b41cfbf43e6fd3.jpg

Went to my LMS and came away with a Tamiya rattle can of white primer and oe of those multi coloured multi gradfe sanding sticks. Always ment to try them but they seemed expensive, now I've tried one I'll be getting more.

Remember we do this for fun                           John the Pom

Today I went into Barnstaple and bought these

29896407108_0a274b5eb3_z.jpgFirst I took SWMBO to a Craft shop and picked up two glues and a pack of Faber Castel soft pastels.

Then we went into town and I was delighted to find Youngs still there (I last visited nearly 20 years ago). I bought Revell Contacta glue, Italeri 6094 British Light Cavalry 1815 and another Airfix A05131 1/48 Mustang.

Hi James.

You trying to save your eye-sight after the Eindecker. I see you're going up a scale. good luck with the F.2B Pity we can't see the result on this forum.

Aquired some more paints on Saturday three replacement colours, two new ones and some thinners. I've been concentrating on German AFV,s recenly and finally settled on a yellow, one very good sight recommended Vallejo Middlestone which I've tried, but found it just a touch too green, while another went for Green Ochre which to me is too bright a yellow, Then I tried the next one down on the Vallejo colour chart being Japanese Uniform WW2, but again not quite what I was looking for being just a touch too dark. Finally settled on a 50/50 mix of Middlestone and Green Ochre which to me looks about right, so I mixed up a whole bottle now the original bottles needed replacing.

Recently finished the Airfix Tiger will post soon.

Remember we do this for fun                 John the Pom  

@john Symmons

The F2.B will make a cameo (or two) lurking somewhere in shot with another Airfix Build (not sure what though) when I eventually build it.

In the meantime I've succumbed to a kit of a very historically significant aircraft from WW2 - the one that dropped the first Atom bomb - Enola Gay.

Academy 1/72nd Scale Boeing B-29A Super Fortress (Enola Gay or Bockscar)

And few detail bits and decal set..

Pavla Spitfire PR.XIX detailing set (wheels, exhausts, etc)

SAC (Scale Aircraft Conversions) B-29A Landing Gear (white metal)

Xtradecal Avro Shackleton AEW.2 decal set for every aircraft in 8 Squadron...

Hello, My latest acquisition was the new tool Wellington !!! Superb kit !!! Which brings me to this wish list: 1/72 scale new tool Vulcan and a 1/72 Buccaneer S.2 . That Wellington is by far the best on the market . You are spoiling us you know. Now that you realize that we are addicted we need that 1/72 new tool Vulcan "fix" got to have it , lol.!!! Sincerely thanks for all that you've done so far !!!!!

Bought the new Mitchel, and very nice it is too.

Also got an old Hasegawa Viking S3A.  I like the look of this aircraft.  

And a FROG Vigilante - well, Hasegawa really.  Big box, small [by comparison] kit.

FROG issued quite a few Hasegawa kits as I recall, quite easy to spot as they are very different from 'own brand' FROG kits.  At the time, pricier too.  The MiG 21 was the Hasegawa kit, and I remember getting one - it had a lot of markings options, from which I chose the Iraqi finish.  Happy days .....

My most recent additions:-

/media/tinymce_upload/b1ceb5b93d4d697f457fd1fa85b5eaf8.jpg

Battlefield accessories for a planned First Aid Post/Station Diorama.

/media/tinymce_upload/9db191bbfda3e07e3e55cde00266d470.JPG

One can't have too many Bf110 Destroyers  😀

/media/tinymce_upload/fb481e23fe6e51baa89aae31d19cdbfc.jpg

I wasn't originally bothered about the GR version of the Whitley, but enjoyed my build of the Mk.V so much I decided to get the Coastal Command GR version aswell!

/media/tinymce_upload/e8dec18d2a313e9f49e7fbc4153c98a9.jpg

And finally the double set of PE for the Airfix Canberra PR.9. I hope to get round to this build very soon.

They've finally arrived!  About a year ago I ordered some Roden kits through our local LMS, and they've finally arrived. Couldn't get them all at once, OAP does't stretch that far, but did bring home the 1/72 Neiuport 24bis. Should be interesting comparing it to the Neiuport Ni 23 I got from Eduard recently. The Roden one comes in the usual end opening small box, and that is still big for such a small aircraft while the Eduard comes in a box over twice the size; go figure? The FWD WW1 lorry with cannon, the Opel Vielfachwerferauf Panzerwerfer 42 and the Opel Blitz L701 will have to wait untill the end of the month. Oh happy times!

Also picked up a couple of bottles of Tamiya airbrush cleaner and acrylic thinners.

Remember we do this for fun                          John the Pom

Not Airfix, but just got the Eduard Profipack 1/48 Spitfire HF Mk VIII.    Lovely kit, lots of detail (although the new Airfix I and Vb could probably give it a run for its money).   Including the masks was a nice touch.

Ordered and waiting for a new airbrush stand I can bolt to the table - no more reaching for the stands on the compressor.

Just arrived!! Been after this Revell Shelter for months but usually silly prices are demanded, but I got this at a bit of a bargain  😉

/media/tinymce_upload/a2de5020647d699d8fd934851c2e9e84.jpg

Just aswell you may say as the box is a bit tatty, but I didn't buy it as an investment with a perfect box!

/media/tinymce_upload/9911c09895d0c314b428fbf1d2ecdb96.jpg

I bought it to build (eventually) with a perfect set of sealed parts and good decals!!