Airfix - What's your Latest Acquisition?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've just picked up the Typhoon 1B starter kit and the mosquito B.XVI - as I've only done a couple of models so far (just finishing my second this week hopefully) I think I'll leave the mozzie for a bit. Need to practice a bit more, particularly with the decals getting them all straight before they stick fully as the mozzie looks beautiful and I'd like to do it justice!

Benjamin, this site is a bit like modelling and requires patience. Please submit your reply just once, and although nothing looks like its happening, your post will appear. Us Mods have to delete all the repeated posts and hope we've not deleted anything important.

Cheers.

Interesting to see what other folk have been buying. Most recently, continuing my pandemic kit builds, it's mostly 1/35 afv kits, some of which have joined my present builds. Right now the recently acquired Amusing Hobby E-100 super heavy tank joins my Airfix late and Citadel versions of Tigers, as well as an old AFV travelling configuration Tiger, (the Airfix kits are better than the AFV club kit, though the latter will look good when on the back of a rail car) a Modelcollect E-60 with 128mm gun I bought last month and rounding it off a German utilised KV-2. All six are great kits, though as I said, the Airfix Tigers beat the AFV version, albeit missing the metal barrel it includes. Oh, and just in case this counts, I've been buying a lot of Humbrol 93, can't imagine why....

You know that thing where you type out a clever passage of text, but get distracted before you submit it to the forum, and when you come back the site has crashed and lost all your work? Yeah, that.

So, 2022 is turning out to be a year of filling in odd nooks and crannies in my seemingly never ending 1940 obsession.

forum_image_61fbf92b72d2a.thumb.png.d5fd0cd2a043b8a4e0458ea66490b4eb.png

I hadn’t had the Heyford on my radar, only recently realising that several were still operational in a training role in 1940. I came to the conclusion the finite number of unbuilt kits in the wild meant I should seek one as soon as possible. As it happened, a fellow member of another modelling forum offered me his for next to nothing. It will now patiently wait its turn.

forum_image_61fbf92daec17.thumb.png.22a46b565ffc5f8c8b3c284ef98b0d8a.png

Other gaps in my collection include Axis trainers, so this smart little Stosser arrived.

forum_image_61fbf92fb39c7.thumb.png.b4e0dd4c83a4d7401e3a82ce1c8c9858.png

Finally, today, I was delivered of a DH Flamingo. Thank you Valom for making kits of obscure planes!

As I type, Special Hobby announced a 1/72nd Fairey Albacore, and Azur have the Fairey Battle covered. My cup indeed runneth over!

Below are the kits I've acquired over the last month or so (all 1/72 scale):

Fujimi: Aichi Val Type 99/ Tachikawa Ki-36

Hasegawa: A6M5c Type 52c Zero/ Nakajima Ki-43-II / Mitsubishi J2M3 Raiden Type 21 /Kugisho P1Y1 Ginga

Hobby 2000: Douglas SBD-4/5 Dauntless

Italeri: AS 51 Horsa Mk.1/2

Eduard: Il-2 Type 3 Stormovik

Special Hobby: Fairey Fulmar Mk.1

• 2 weeks later...