NO DEAL -Hornby Magazine - 2018 Hornby Catalogue Deal!!!!!!!

Bulleidboy

I've been into WHSmith this morning and bought both the February 2018 Hornby Magazine and the new 2018 Hornby Catalogue - and there was no deal, as advertised at the back of the January 2018 Hornby Magazine. This is not a Hornby problem - just a warning what to expect. The cashier said I was the third person to raise this question this morning. I will send an email to Key Publishing.

Hi.

This morning (Wednesday 10th Jan) I saw both the 2018 Hornby Catalaogue and Hornby Mag, Februray Issue, in Tescos,

There was no signage about a deal (As there wasn't last year in WHS Chester).

So, I enquired, and tested the deal by self-scanning....

Result, a £3.50 saving.

That is both the Feb Hornby Mag and 2018 Catalogue for £9.99, and Clubcard points too! 😎

Mayhap the deal is with Tesco this year, not WHS?????

I have just had a look on the Key Hornby Mag site...

I tried putting the two items in the basket, but no discount applied!

I could not find a bundle offer...but looked harder...

Seached Key for "Bundle), and on page 3 ...

SPECIAL BUNDLE DEALHornby 2018 Catalogue plus Hornby Magazine February 2018 issue!This bundle saves you £3.50 on Combined RRP.

http://shop.keypublishing.com/product/View/productCode/HM18BUNDLE/Hornby%202018%20Catalogue%20BUNDLE

Total price £9.99 (2nd Class P&P should be free...)

This for subscribers on the Hornby 2018 Catalogue page on Key...

SUBSCRIBERS CALL FOR YOUR £3.50 DISCOUNT

I had a very polite reply from Key Publishing, and they say the "Deal" is active from tomorrow - the 11th January 2018. It certainly says the offer (February Hornby Magazine+ 2018 Hornby Catalogue) is available from the 10th January in the January Hornby Magazine. Not a serious problem and they are sending me the 2018 Hornby Yearbook as compensation.

I think if they're would be a deal, or if the catalogue was going to be given away for free with the magazine, the publishers of the magazine publication would be bagging up a copy of the magazine and the catalogue together, so you know it's a pair. The fact they are not bagged together and sitting on the shelves as seperate items, seems a little odd why a deal would be in place anyway, hence I didn't purchase either at Tesco today. I would trust the deal if, if they were bagged up togtether and the fact they are not seems like there is no deal. Plus, WHSmith's saying there isn't deal or they are not knowig about it also suggests to me there is no deal.

GNR-Gordon-4

GNR-Gordon-4

See my other post please. I agree with you other than seeing the banner advert in my local Tesco I too would have expected them to be bundled together and would like you have been confused. It's the act of purchasing them together that triggers the deal. The till is probably programmed for the products and gives the discount. These are programmed from a distance now - perhaps from head office overnight. Damn communication again. Unfortunately the staff can't know everything and I understand that and there is now a reliance on the technology telling them. Nothing is simple in life now!

I gave up buying model railway magazines sometime ago unless they had something of interest. It was the magazines that pushed the manufacturers into making super detail super fragile models and the magazines have lead modellers blindly by the nose ever since. I didn't fancy my railway modelling being dictated to me by glossy magazines.

I was not expecting Hornby Magazine until tody...

Thiursday was the usual day....The same as Railway Modeller!

BRM and Model Rail are seemingly all over the place these days, with their 13 issue year! 😉

Of course, since the 2018 Hornby Magazine Calender does not have the "on sale" dates, as all previous HM Callenders have, I no longer am so sure! 😉

Of course, since the 2018 Hornby Magazine Calender does not have the "on sale" dates, as all previous HM Callenders have, I no longer am so sure! 😉

Mind you, the January 2018 issue of Hornby Magazine turned up on my doorstep in December a full week earlier than their 2017 Calendar led me to expect, so maybe it's a good thing they've omitted the dates this year?  😛

Now my February 2018 issue has arrived I'll be taking advantage of the online equivalent of the multi-buy offer and using the enclosed discount code to purchase Hornby's new catalogue.  😀

See my other post please. I agree with you other than seeing the banner advert in my local Tesco I too would have expected them to be bundled together and would like you have been confused. It's the act of purchasing them together that triggers the deal. The till is probably programmed for the products and gives the discount. These are programmed from a distance now - perhaps from head office overnight. Damn communication again. Unfortunately the staff can't know everything and I understand that and there is now a reliance on the technology telling them. Nothing is simple in life now!

I have seen your other post, TrainDriverJohn and no, nothing is simple anymore! It's a very complicated world we live in!

GNR-Gordon-4

😉

The date of the next issue of Hornby Magazine is almost always printed inside the back cover. I have found this to be very accurate. The March edition will be available on February 8th 2018.

All this fuss over £3-50?

The cost is irrelevant. If your told something will happen on a certain date, and you make a journey especially to buy or see something, and it doesn't happen it's frustrating. If the cost was relevant, I wouldn't have bought the two items yesterday.

LongDistance

A company promises you something - in writing.  It doesn't happen. They do not communicate properly. No apology. What does this say about them. I'm new here but I've already read numerous posts over disappointments about various things. Since when is this a fuss about not very much. If I was in charge I'd be asking questions, I wouldn't be happy. But then again if this behaviour is okay fine. And I'm not going on about £3.50.

This is the notification in the Jan issue......../media/tinymce_upload/975481d153d9ac367603d9f53648d175.jpg

The offer is available today from both Tesco & Smith so where's the problem?.........it doesn't need an inquest.......some people look forward to finding fault as a pastime these days.......glad I'm old, won't have to put up with this nonsense much longer.........HB

Archived