Wishlists 2021

Ratch

Any one looking at the news would have seen the last D-day tank landing ship  LCT 7074 has been  renovated and is being moved to Southsea.

1. It would make an interesting change from German stukas/Me109/Fw190  which are regulaly churned out!

2.Its British and really needs supporting considering the time and effort that has been spent converting it from the sunken hulkit was previously. What has been achieved is brilliant.

Yes it is too long in 1/72 but why not 1/100? The scale (15mm) is large enough to get some reasonable detail. the other advantage that there are already various afvs available from British companies (ie PSC). With 10 tanks on it it would be a really interesting subject and it is available to get the measurements from

Not sure whether there are 15mm RN figures available but I am sure the after market companies would not be slow getting in on the act

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that the Beaufort Mk.1 is on the way how about an RAAF version.  The first versions built in Australia were quite similar to the British built version, the main and most noticable difference being the tail.  

I would really like the Australian Beaufort VIII as this was the difinative version built by Australia.

Airfix note how important the aircraft was in the Pacific and it is the one model all Australian aircraft modellers are after.

I have only one wish:1/72 Consolidated B-24H Liberator with Ford nose.

The reason:B-24 was one of the most remarkable aircraft in WWII in both USAAF and RAF, and the existing Airfix B-24J is both dated and sadly inaccurate. It is a toy, not a serious model.There are no affordable 1/72 kits of B-24 currently in production (the Hasegawa kit is horribly expensive) and there are no B-24 kits with the iconic Ford nose.

B-24H served mainly in Europe, and there are several nice painting schemes and nose arts for both USAAF and RAF aircraft available. Especially in Olive Drab/Neutral Grey scheme - most modellers shun the natural metal, which was the most common scheme on B-24J.

My wish is for a 1/72 P-38J/L Lightning. Airfix please consider the following flaws and plusses of the current kits in the market in designing your own:

Academy - erroneous shape of engine intakes; alternative cockpit transparencies do not include an all closed canopy; very good detail and panel lines; good engineering of the breakdown of parts especially wing to boom joints.

Dragon - lots of fit issues especially wing to boom joints; wrong panel lines on wings; poor fit of cockpit canopy; poor propeller assembly; very nicely-shaped engine intake.

Hobby Boss - erroneous shape of engine intakes though not as bad as Academy's; missing the bullet-like scoop for superchager and the antenna under the nose; wrong representation of the polished oval portion on inboard of engines; good engineering of breakdown of parts.

• 2 weeks later...

Would love to see more Fleet air Arm releases in 1/72 (which Airfix seem to be pretty good at lately), such as Albacore, Barracuda, Skua/Roc, early Seafire, decent Sea Hurricane (and a new and improved Hurricane II while you're at it!), Firefly, Seahawk (Jet fighter not helicopter), Supermarine Attacker and Scimitar, Whirlwind Helicopter, Wasp (and Scout), new tool Lynx and Wessex. Also a mod of the Gladiator into a Sea Gladiator, and some more Naval Seakings.

• 2 weeks later...

Entriely from personal bias...

An Avro Lancaster B.III with the ABC radio countermeasure aerials. If you give an option for the markings of LM508 SR-P then that would be extra points...

A Supermarine Scimitar with wing fold option. 1/72 would be good, 1/48 even better. Or both... the Xtrakit 1/72 ones go as soon as they appear on auction sites, selling for around £40-£45, so you would sell tons of them if you can do them for the same price as your Buccaneer. And if you are offering decals for 800B NAS (the foaming tankard on the fin looks cool) then make sure one of the pylons has a refuelling pod and not just four pylons with fuel tanks.

Fairey Flycatcher in 1/72 - I'm doing a resin one now and it is such a pain...

Nieuport (Gloster) Nightjar in 1/72 - I can only see this in vacform and I'm not a masochist...

Hawker Nimrod I and II in 1/72 and/or 1/48 - shouldn't be too much of a stretch from the Hawker Fury.

A Spitfire Mk.I in 1/24 with the Coffman starter bulge to make it a Mk.II. Or an FR.47 in 1/24.

Early Sea Hurricanes in 1/72 - so not the cannon-armed Mk.IIc - but you might add long range tanks to the IIc kit as well.

Would like to suggest a 1/76 scale military vehicle wish list . Here's really hoping !. All to use the benefit of the latest slide moulding technology.

1. Retool of the venerable Panzer 4 F1, F2 kit

2. Panzer 3 Ausf J preferably the early version with early engine deck ( great basis for conversions )

3. Italian M 13/40 

4 Sherman retool 

5. Crusader retool / rescaling . The original kit was nicely detailed but the model dimensions were very variable as to correct scaling.

Although the ' Vintage Classics ' range is great to see still available , the moulds are now really showing their age and any models built from the range certainly need a lot of preparation to make anything like an acceptable model .

Well with the new link up with Warlord games on the Blood Red Skys a jump to Korea in 1/72 would be good 

Re release 

F 86 Sabre, MIG 15, F51 Mustang, Gloster Metor.

New tool F80 and an additional sprue set to convert 2 Mustangs into a twin F82.

Others a B29, Skyraider, DH100 Vampire, Firefly, Sea Fury, Seafire and I am sure you can all add to this.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my wishlist. 

1:48

Beaufort

Blenheim (Later Marks)

Jet Provost T. 3,4,5

Vampire

Fairey Battle

Avro Anson

Vulcan

Chipmunk

Two seat Spitfire 

Chinook

Sea King

1:72

BBMF Dakota & Chipmunks

VC10

E3D Sentry Re Release

Nimrod Re release

Hercules

Chinook 

1:24

Harvard 

Blenheim

Beaufighter 

Corsair F4U-1A (Fleet Air Arm) 

Fairey Swordfish 

I build ships in 1/350, Racing cars in 1/12  and aircraft in varying scales.. and here is my wish list.

1. 1/350 HMS Victorious in a late configuration with Vixens, Scimitars etc.

2. The New HMS Queen Elizabeth 

3. Either Audacious class in final fit, Ark or Eagle.

4. Falklands fit HMS Hermes.

5. HMS Vanguard Battleship.

AIRCRAFT.

1. A large scale, 1/24 Cold War Jet with Hellcat quality detailing right through..Ideally the beautiful Folland Gnat trainer.

2. 1/48 Westland Scout

3. 1/48 Westland Gazelle

4. 1/48 Alouette 2 (Army Air Corps)

5. 1/48 Westland Wasp With Flotation bags, , We177, Blade and tail folding gear, Stops and blanks.

6. 1/72 Vickers Varsity.

Father Christmas, my fingers are crossed.

The idea of a 1/24 P40 is one I like, in a Desert Air Force scheme (don't know where I'd put it!)  However, I'd be happy if Airfix worked their magic & re-tooled some of the 1/72 classics which are crying out for attention - Fairey Battle, HP Hampden & Halifax, Westland Lysander, Westland Scout (with a Wasp variant?), Fairey Firefly, any of the WW1 & inter-war biplanes.  Oh, and a Hawker Tempest Mk V.  And a BAC/Sepecat Jaguar (Desert Storm) and a SA330 Puma, and a Short Stirling, and a......my parents used to dread my Christmas lists!

Unfotunately, A Westland Wasp is a considerably different aircraft to a Scout.. although both would be worthy.

longer fueselage beneath engine for extra fuel. Different Tail Boom. Complicated undercarriage, Different interior fit, Weapons points etc. The only truly compatible parts would appear to be Nimbus Engine and Seats plus Fueselage forward of Cabin back wall. The aircraft is so complex, that I would welcome a much larger scale and for it to have a fully folded option including Blade supports, folding tail, Flotation Bags, Compressed undercarriage option and also, External Weapons points and blanks... What a model in 1/24!,,,