Airfix Forum Gallery 2020 (Pandemic Special!)

peebeep

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/media/tinymce_upload/5e1bd723661829f3fd93acd57d81a2b5.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/910c08d4cc85a836563665fb2d6bd0fa.jpg 

After making the Sea King Starter Set, I moved on to making an RNAS Culdrose version. I also had a go at illuminating its cockpit and cabin using a string of LEDs. I know this last couple of months have been a tough time for some, but it has been great to rediscover the joy of staying in and making models!

Nice Mk XII Ratch

I assume it is the recent 1/48th scale Airfix kit.

What make / kit are the figures from.

I want to do my 1/48th scale Airfix FR XIVe in a diorama with a local ground crew airman with his hand on the prop in a standard "Hero" shot from a picture that I have.

Tim

/media/tinymce_upload/ff5d2e0ef23e3ffaa38a8689daa9f51f.jpg

Here is the 1959 tool Airfix Hawker Typhoon. And a trio of Typhoons; the old toolAirfix together with the Academy kit and the new tool Airfix.

/media/tinymce_upload/40d1b7c514171f2caa39590dbbcced66.jpg 

This kit had a lot of firsts for me. First time using an airbrush, first jet, first time using photoetch, first time rigging some wire. Anyway its the the Eduard Mig-15bis 1/72.

/media/tinymce_upload/e98151431e18e474ae0e8866f4c12ac9.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/3fd037f60945d026658cbdefaff415a8.jpg

Here is the 1959 tool Airfix Hawker Typhoon. And a trio of Typhoons; the old toolAirfix together with the Academy kit and the new tool Airfix

Very good group. They look to be from the same manufacturer, which i hope will be taken as a compliment.

Thanks Dominic for your comment !

I did build all three more or less simultaneously during 2016-2017. The old tool Airfix kit was done just for the fun of adding some interior detail from scratch. The new tool Airfix is of course by far the best of the three, though I found the rockets of the Academy model better engineered and much easier to apply.

All painting was done by brush, two or three coats of Humbrol Enamel, followed by one or two coats of Xtracolor before applying the decals, and Humbrol Matt Cote to finish with.

I am now completing the third of three Bf 109G's (1/72), hope to post some photos soon.

Hi Paul,  Just finished my King Tiger from the King Tiger / Cromwell set.

Nicely done, I love those camo schemes. Funnily enough I was up in the loft the other day and pulled out the KT kit. I'm still looking at the tracks and going 'nope', but I might give it a whirl.

Hi Paul,  Just finished my King Tiger from the King Tiger / Cromwell set.

Nicely done, I love those camo schemes. Funnily enough I was up in the loft the other day and pulled out the KT kit. I'm still looking at the tracks and going 'nope', but I might give it a whirl.

The KT tracks are a disappointment. They are far too stiff. I couldn't get them to sit nicely on the wheels. It also meant they wouldn't flex enough to join up. I finally left a 5 mm gap at the top between the track ends. Luckily the KT has mudguards so the gap doesn't show on the finished kit. The moulding of the kit itself is great however.

Hot off the workbench and from the cold of the East - more Russian Armour and it's not green!

Another of Tamiya's 1/48th Scale Military Minature Series - the Su122 Russian Tank Killer in Winter Camo..

/media/tinymce_upload/232b1d84c3cb166aadd79c7dacc2efb0.jpg

/media/tinymce_upload/18e0be50ee4323ba8a67bcded758f796.jpg

My first attempt at Winter Camo - I did paint it green underneath (honest).