Another try

Doom

Hi Doom,

It does work actually ..... I've just approved them. When you post text only it appears immediately but when you post pictures the moderators have to approve them. We visit the site regularly during the day but we can't be there all the time. If we happen to visit just after you've posted we can approve it straight away but if we happen to be away for an hour or two it will take that much longer.

Incidentally, please click on the upload button once. I know it seems as though nothing is happening but this is because it takes time to upload. When one clicks it 2 or 3 times we end up with multiple posts and we have to delete the extra copies.

Thanks very much for the explanation, I appreciate it as someone new to the whole forum thing I was unaware of this although it is of course perfectly logical. I will enjoy the whole thing a lot more now.grinning

Looking forward to more posts.

Thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been trying to upload a post with four pictures but I'm not having much luck. Every time I get an error message; either 'unexpected error occurred' or ''504 bad gateway'. I assume the post hasn't been received. Does anyone know if this problem is likely to be at my end or is it the website? It never used to happen before.

I do think it might be an idea if a successful upload generates an e-mail that tells the user the post has arrived and is awaiting moderation.

Well, "unexpected error occurred" is not just meaningless but worse than useless because it means there is an underlying error, but someone (either at Airfix or at jopres' ISP and I honestly can't say which) has chosen to actively overwrite the actual message.

"504 bad gateway" is normally a timeout message raised by the ISP layer rather than by the owners of the website you're looking at. I'd agree that a confirmation e-mail for attempts to upload photos would be helpful.

I've been trying to upload a post with four pictures but I'm not having much luck. Every time I get an error message; either 'unexpected error occurred' or ''504 bad gateway'. I assume the post hasn't been received. Does anyone know if this problem is likely to be at my end or is it the website? It never used to happen before.
I do think it might be an idea if a successful upload generates an e-mail that tells the user the post has arrived and is awaiting moderation.

Try loading one image at a time. When I've tried to post more than one image it fails too.

Try loading one image at a time. When I've tried to post more than one image it fails too.

OK Ratch, I've tried that and it worked. I haven't put any explanation but its fairly obvious that the pictures all go together.

I’ve just attempted to up load a 3 picture post in the figures an dio thread it’s the 3rd time I’ve tried the same thread the other 2 appear to have been failures perhaps ratch is correct one pic ata time is easier,but I have seen dozens of multi pictures and synopsis threads all perfect

I've had the same problem for a couple of months now, if you're posting a new thread you can upload several images, but when updating a thread you can only do 1 image at the time. I think it's a software problem at Airfix's end since the new website was launched. A glitch in the system that hasn't been identified or addressed!!

I've had the same problem for a couple of months now, if you're posting a new thread you can upload several images, but when updating a thread you can only do 1 image at the time. I think it's a software problem at Airfix's end since the new website was launched. A glitch in the system that hasn't been identified or addressed!!

I had a similar problem but with opposite results. I tried a few times to upload a new thread with text and four pictures (each about 400 kB) but had no luck at all. I then uploaded the text and one picture OK, then added the other three pictures together using 'Reply'. This never used to happen before the new website was introduced, I think everything should have been sorted after so many months.

• 2 weeks later...
Test for posting pics... Just an old Roland I did many years ago research nil... paints whatever I had but mostly 1990s Humbrol acrylics in the large 30ml pots then my preferred paints...I do wish airfix would do these now...

That's a good looking Roland. I remember the two crewmen with this kit were particularly well detailed. The crews of the Hannover and Handley Page 0400 were also really good. All these kits date from the 1960s so its a bit disappointing that Airfix haven't really gone the extra mile with crew figures for so long, I can only remember the character with the camera in the rear of the HS 126. The standard figures are fairly good but it would be an idea if, now and again, we could have at least one new kit that had a really well detailed crew.