• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@paul

Moderator Note:

It is in your own interest to have a unique user name. 

Could you please select ‘My Account’ towards the top right hand corner of your screen, then Community and choose a nickname in the ‘My Profile' tab, rather than your First name that has been automatically allocated by the system. We had hoped a Forum change was coming to prevent this automatic allocation but a manual change is required at the moment and there will be more than one member with your name. This request together with some other information for new posters is contained in a thread at the top of the General Discussion section called ‘Information for new members registering for the Forum’

I’m wondering if the locomotives will travel in the same direction as European TT or in reverse like my old Triang-TT?

DC models will be wired such that if right rail is positive the loco will move forward.

DCC equipped models will go the way they are commanded.

Dont know how you missed it but the catalogue and brochure say 640mm radius.
Garry

Garry,
Don't know how you missed it but on the 16th October, I posted requesting that you choose a nickname.wink

I cannot do what you ask on my phone, the facility to do this does not appear, I will have to see if it is on our little ones laptop.

Garry

... the catalogue and brochure say 640mm radius.

Garry

I am a bit puzzled about the value of 640mm for Radius 6 as if the geometry is that Radius 4 is separated from Radius 3 by 43mm (as are all the gaps down to Radius 1) Then assuming Radius 5 (if it existed) and Radius 6 have the same spacing then Radius 6 should be (Radius 4) 396mm+86mm = 482mm and not 640mm.

However as the points are quoted as 631mm radius then I guess 640mm is close to that of the points

... the catalogue and brochure say 640mm radius.

Garry

I am a bit puzzled about the value of 640mm for Radius 6 as if the geometry is that Radius 4 is separated from Radius 3 by 43mm (as are all the gaps down to Radius 1) Then assuming Radius 5 (if it existed) and Radius 6 have the same spacing then Radius 6 should be (Radius 4) 396mm+86mm = 482mm and not 640mm.

However as the points are quoted as 631mm radius then I guess 640mm is close to that of the points

SK told me the 6th radius curve was only for returning the point to a parallel line.

Garry

Garry,
Don't know how you missed it but on the 16th October, I posted requesting that you choose a nickname.wink

I cannot do what you ask on my phone, the facility to do this does not appear, I will have to see if it is on our little ones laptop.

Garry

@Garry

I was able to change it fine on my phone. Pull down the 'My Account' menu top right and select 'Profile'. Click on the 'Community' icon at the right and scroll to the bottom.

wink

@Garry
I was able to change it fine on my phone. Pull down the 'My Account' menu top right and select 'Profile'. Click on the 'Community' icon at the right and scroll to the bottom.

I don't have anything that gives "My account". I have tried all the buttons and drop down menus but it is not there.

Garry

Which Browser are you using? I tried it with Chrome.

Also, I just noticed that if I have my phone in portrait the 'My Account' link is not there, but if I turn it to Landscape, it is.

EDIT: Further to this, if the 'My Account' link is not visible, you can get to the same place via the three horizontal bars, (known as hamburgers) at the top right.

Anybody had there Welcome/ membership pack ? i had an email this morning asking me what i thought of it. Replied saying i had not received it. Then got a further email saying that due to extensive demand, packs were 2 months in arrears. Left hand/ right hand job.

Garry

Thanks Garry, I must have had one of those moments, or too much beer. I assumed the 640mm was the length of the track. I'm an idiot when looking at it, set track over 2 feet long. Cheers. A 4'2" loop in rad 6. I can feel it coming as an extension to the track mat layout.

Which Browser are you using? I tried it with Chrome.

Also, I just noticed that if I have my phone in portrait the 'My Account' link is not there, but if I turn it to Landscape, it is.

Still does not show up in Landscape. I am using Chrome.

Garryforum_image_63691b8d64fb1.thumb.png.b45837fa6bd98c45ec14fa748f4a03dc.png

I see in your screen shot there is a link at the bottom to My Dashboard. If you click on that you should be able to click on 'Community' on the right. At the bottom of that page you can change your nick name.

• 4 weeks later...

Short answer, they are probably not.

Currently the only item that might be dispatched in December is the Scotsman set. The chances of receiving anything in December depends on if the boat docks on schedule (14th December), if its unloaded on schedule, if it clears customs quickly, if the stock can be moved to Hornby's logistics centre, if the orders can be packed and collected by the carrier, if the carrier can deliver during the Christmas rush. Good luck.

Hornby have said that other items will be released as soon as possible in the New Year.

I'm expecting some of my pre-orders (as well as track once it can be ordered) to arrive late January or in February.