• 7 months later...

I picked up the following from my nearest Lidl at Horley:

Spitfire Mk1a

Gnat Yellowjacks

Tomahawk

Willys Jeep

Tiger 1

Sherman Firefly.

They also had a range of the Quickkits (Spitfire, Me109, F35 Lightning, Harrier, Red Arrows Gnat and 2 cars (Lambo Aventador, McClaren)).

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, SD45elect2000 said:

Can’t have enough Spitfires right?

I would have picked up more but this was the last one.
Should've gone earlier in the week

Looking forward to the Moth though

7 hours ago, modeling maniac said:

Poor you, ebay is always your friend though.

No longer I'm afraid.  Postage alone is anything from 30 to 50 Euro.  I've given up buying from ebay ever since they invented the Global Shipping system.

38 minutes ago, A J Rimmer said:

Alas I already have multiples of the available kits in the stash, so I'll pass this time around. The Tiggie was an interesting choice. 

Same here, plus I am on holiday on the Isle of Whight so not going to be anywhere near a Lidl

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sailorman said:

No longer I'm afraid.  Postage alone is anything from 30 to 50 Euro.  I've given up buying from ebay ever since they invented the Global Shipping system.

Ouch, someone needs to sort that out and get that lowered

I only bought what I would foreseeably build, two Moths and a Jeep, not wanting to be greedy.  I expect at least half of the kits sold will be on ebay next week for £11.99 plus postage.  Seems odd of Lidl to sell these just as the schools are going back rather than at the start of the holidays.

I was surprised that the Moth is a new tooling.  One of the old tooled kits was the first I built when getting back into the hobby just a few years ago, complete with 'quick drying acrylic paint' that's virtually transparent.  10 coats later....

IMG_0469.thumb.jpg.96cd7e591aee931c9aa2ade1d2def8c5.jpg

• Like 3