Hornby 2022 Christmas Advent Calendar

DarkRedCape

This is a nice feature. I’m very interested to see what Hornby are putting in the stocking for us, and it seems the results will be announced daily. Signing up for each days reward is nice and easy. Gotta be in it to win it!

So good luck to all who enter, and if you are one of the lucky ones that nabs a present, be sure to let us all know!

Todays offer is 10,000 Hobby Reward Points.

What would you like to see on the calendar? I’d love a chance at getting that Sir Nigel Gresley Dublo that I missed out on.

https://uk.hornby.com/christmas/advent-calendar

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This was just like last year, where you had to join the like of Facebook, Instagram etc just to win prizes - but not everyone is connected to these social media accounts - so how are those who aren't supposed to win / enter??? 🤔🚂

JJ

From the corporate Hornby perspective, the objective is to get you to subscribe to these services. The prizes that Hornby offer are essentially an inducement to join.

Examine day 1. Hornby would like you to join the Rewards program. Likely you already have, but if you had not, then the prize might get you to join.

The recent Coronation available only to Club members, offered at a very attractive price. Hornby wants you to join the Club.

Day 2 is a Christmas bundle. Hornby wants engagement on their Facebook channel. If you want the prize, you may sign up just to provide engagement.

If you want the prize, you need to do the thing they want. Me, I won't touch Facebook with a 30 meter pole. So I passed on Day 2.

Bee

Thank you Bee - I joined F. B. many yrs ago just to see what all the fuss was about - then after few yrs - I got bored of it & left!!! As I already said in another post I have already joined the Hobby Rewards & ended up with 600 points!!! & with the Club I have joined on & off - only when they offered a Free Loco!!! 🚂

Not aimed at forum members in my view. I detest social media, so not a member of these sites. Hence could only take part in first day. Obviously they wish to be all things to all men, and I can understand that.

I just tried to register to have a go at getting the Rocket. I have been blocked trying to hack my non existant account. So, I assume someone is using "Vespa" as a username. Why do companies use these useless medias to interact with customers. If all the Advent Calender is going to be done that way then that is me out. ( As I won't and can't because I am blocked)

I have an empty facebook account for work and a very old inactive instagram account that was also for work, so I was able to dust off both for day 2 and 3. Never had a Twitter account and certainly won’t be making one for when they inevitably have us go over there.

I can understand why they’re doing it this way, but I think they’re seriously misunderstanding who their customer base is. Most people that are into this hobby are not using a myriad of the most modern social media’s. So I concur that all this social media stuff is not aimed at forum members, but rather an effort to reach new audiences.

Hi Lee
My personal view is that Hornby is giving each ecosystem or group (facebook, instagram, youtube, twitter, etc) a chance at a prize.
It would indeed be odd if any one individual participated in all of these social media systems. It is possible of course that such a person is out there.
Bee

Yes, but the problem is, as far as I can see that you can't enter for all days unless you subscribe to all of the media options. Personally I can't be bothered with any of it.

Maybe if they gave you the choice of which social media site you used for any particular day they could build up some meaningful stats as to punter activity on these sites. E.g. if there is proportionately little response on Instagrump versus other platforms then why waste resource on using it.

I cannot understand why any company wants to use the woke sites for their products. Hornby are once again making large losses and they are not in touch with their customers at all anymore be that trade or shopper. I have been on about prices of locos a lot recently and to prove that they are overpriced along comes offer on the A2's at nealry half the RRP at various shops. Just wait for what you want and save hundreds when slow moving stock is dumped out to the trade.

I can understand why Hornby are doing it this way, but at the same time, it feels like they’re out of touch with who buys their products, and alienating them seems like an odd business decision.

I also noticed on instagram, where you had to tag a friend, lots of people were just tagging model shops, suggesting to me that many had just made an account for the calendar and had no friends on their list to tag.

I assume you cut n paste last years post Roger?grinning Young (and not so young) seem to have a phone in their hand all the time. I could say I missed out on the new Collectors Club loco as I was out all day, and missed the initial announcement, and although I have a Facebook account I very rarely use it - may be I should look at it more often.