HM7000 decoders released?

Rallymatt

C'mon guys, Hornby are no different from any other manufacturer when it comes to new product releases. It's all part of the marketing hype. They want you if possible to be so excited that you buy two. sunglasses

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ighten, having a go at Hornby, will not get the product released any quicker. We are all frustrated by these delays. One needs to remember that unfortunately, the products are not made by Hornby in uk, and they are in the hands of the manufacturers in China. Compared with pre order locos that many of us have been waiting over 2 years for, this summer, is quite quick..

I think the plan was the decoders were brought in and kept back until the app was ready to go live, which makes perfect sense. I’m guessing the app will go live as the decoders are in transit to customers. I wouldn’t mind a chance to play about in the app and the sounds etc early 😁

Ighten, having a go at Hornby, will not get the product released any quicker. We are all frustrated by these delays. One needs to remember that unfortunately, the products are not made by Hornby in uk, and they are in the hands of the manufacturers in China. Compared with pre order locos that many of us have been waiting over 2 years for, this summer, is quite quick..

Not really having a go at Hornby.. I'm just bemused by them. Just the norm.

Just noticed my 15v lead has turned to dispatched. I'm presuming everything else has shipped as well then as when I spoke to them earlier they refunded the postage as they were shipping it with the chips.

I got an email saying my 15v lead had shipped, then I got a call from Hornby saying this was a computer error and that the lead wasn’t actually in stock, although it would be expected late March. So if your lead is saying dispatched, as mine does, it may not actually be on its way. Just a heads up.

I’ve got orders that have shipped and arrived and still show as processing, while others that have shipped and arrived show as dispatched.

I noticed that one in a while these are updated and corrected to dispatched. Not really sure why the system works like this.

Yes, I have had the same email (DPD). I ordered back in January when HM7000 was announced, both an 8pin and a 21pin sound decoder, also the Legacy Dongle, but I don't think that will be available for a while.

I nearly went for a 21 pin too. I only have one 21 pin loco which I acquired recently. Might still get one. Paying with ClearPay does make things a bit more affordable.