Cant load Class 73 soundfile

meatloaf

Hi ive installed a 21 pin decoder along with the speaker and stay alive into a dapol 73.

Ive have tried several times to install the class 73 soundfile but it fails every time after taking 20 mins or so to download. Every time it says sound files not loaded and that theres an error.

To test the decoder i loaded a couple of other profiles ( 08 and deltic ) and they loaded fine, but i do seem to have a faulty speaker as it crackles and hisses and distorts quite badly

Does anyone have any suggestions? Ive already done a class 56 install today and that went fine first time.

Have you tried the separate track upload process? It shouldn’t be needed since the app updates but it always worked for me

Not sure what the seperate track process is but its the only loco on the track at the time, being powered by my dcc controller

It has been suggested that as folk collect these spare enclosures from the decoder packs it would be a good idea to sell just the pre-wired speaker driver unit on its own, say in multi-packs for economy of packaging.

It has been suggested that as folk collect these spare enclosures from the decoder packs it would be a good idea to sell just the pre-wired speaker driver unit on its own, say in multi-packs for economy of packaging.

Absolutely Rob……another help would be to make the tiny plugs available (suitably wired) as spares, so that other/bigger speakers can be fitted directly to the decoders without butchering the supplied drivers.

I guess spare speakers will accumulate as more locos with pre-fitted speakers filter through. I already have two spares as TT:120 locos sold individually are coming with the speaker in place. I’m also looking at what interesting things I can make from all the spare enclosures… got to be some suitable loads to make up 😁

When loading sounds initially, I found the Class 08 was the only profile that loaded successfully. I took my iPhone, a length of track, the Elite and Hornby PSU into the room where the Wi-fi hub is situated (downstairs) , and all sounds required loaded first time. I tried a wi-fi extender (upstairs) but that made no difference. It's worth a try if your having problems loading sound profiles.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, did this get resolved?

I’ve bought a Dapol Class 73 today and having the same issue, the Class 73 profile won’t install, no matter what I try. Other profiles install with no issues.

I also tried installing the Class 73 profile to an 8 pin decoder installed in a different loco and have had the exact same issue too.

Pulling my hair out!

Try loading the Class 08 which is the smallest or the default profile SD999. If those are successful then it may be a time out on your device. Make sure do not interrupt is set and screen time out is longer than the download time. Also allow enough time for the power cycle by watching the Bluetooth indicator change colour before proceeding step to step.