Model master UK news

96RAF

If I could offer Mr Grindlay at Model Master any advice, it would be this:

Make it your objective to fulfill any outstanding order as quickly as possible. Work as hard as you can, for as many hours as you can, non-stop, until every single blessed order is sent. Go flat out. Bring in help if you must. Get this behind you.

Your offer, Mr Grindlay, of ½ price is tempting, but there is no indication of backlog. If we place an order now, and pay for it now, when can we expect to see it? 4 months, 6 months or a year from now?

Mr Grindlay, you cannot possibly sell your business for another 3 years or so, until your accounts are brought back to a stable business. Attempting to sell now, with the business in shambles, will result in a fire sale.

Finally, with every order sent, apologize. May I suggest you include a 50% coupon in every shipment, the terms of your current sale, by way of apology and making things right.

Good luck Mr Grindlay, you have a difficult road ahead.

Bee

I've got no sympathy for him.
Mod edit: your post has been edited as it breached forum rules. R-

@R, can you please tell me how my post was breaking forum rules when I was merely relaying my experience with this supplier and querying why he chose to act the way he did? I think it's important that people get a balanced view.

From what I remember when dealing with him, he was very flexible in the 'options', thus variations available - I needed some specific things which just weren't available elsewhere, but let's just say wasn't the best communicator!

With that, I can understand some of the frustrations testing the forum's decorum and protocol!!

Al.

Hi SoTriangman

Absolutely no surprise the he has taken it back off the market. Bullied Boy has an order outstanding from 2 years ago. A purchaser would have to make good on that order, but the payment is long gone

Essentially, the purchase of the business is a two year backlog of liability. The purchaser not only gets that, but a poisoned well of customer goodwill as the cherry on top.

The only way to sell the business now is piecemeal: the patterns, intellectual property and any machines. Open up under a new establishment, unconnected with the current business. That's a firesale. Perhaps pennies on the pound.

Result: "not for sale"

Bee

Hello 81F 👋

PayPal expects the seller to ship upon payment. Unlike the shop who took payment for my sheep and horse wagons and then sat on my money for 1½ years.

To encourage shipment, PayPal wants sellers to include a tracking number to a package, a package sent to the buyer's registered address with PayPal. The package must go to that address, not to freight forwarders.¹

When a buyer cancels for non-shipment, a fee is incurred for the seller, just as Yelrow points out. The penalty is taken directly out of the seller's account with PayPal. So instead of a 'no sale' with a £0.00 transaction, there is a net negative against the seller's gross. That is a harsh message to a business. Model Master responded by stating "No PayPal".

The seller can cancel upon receipt without penalty. However, the minute the vendor accepts payment, the meter starts.

Bee

¹A lesson I found out when I tried to do exactly that for some spare parts from a well known spares house. Further, when I attempted to set up another PayPal account with the freight forwarder's address, PayPal kicked it out because the address did not match my credit card.

I notice the option of using paypal has gone and is now asking for a "bank wire" transfer. Any Idea what this is?

@81F - others appear to have read your question as why not what.

A bank transfer is when you instruct your bank to pay money directly into another persons account. You can do this in branch, using the telephone, or online - depending upon the banking method(s) you use.

I am sceptical that he is doing his best. I have had a nameplate on order from him since 22nd March 2020. I have given up trying to get back the £10.44 I paid. My order still says, "Processing" on his website, so I am wondering if it might eventually be supplied. Who knows?

So that's 3.5 years overdue, and he says he's only been having problems for the past six months.