Best profile for Accurascale Manor Class Loco?

Cap_Loz-352652

I’m finding that some of the profiles with the Accurascale Manor Class Loco do not work well with other Locos on the track. Lots of regular “cutting out” and restarting and yet work flawlessly on my test stand. So far the Steam Default profile [vers 2] SD999 seems to work the best but still not flawlessly. Has anyone found a better option?

Make sure you use a version 2 profile. The preloaded profile is likely to be v1 and loaded prior to the upgrade to v2 that is specifically designed to address that issue. A powerbank will also help.

There is a v2 of the default profile on the app, just reload it.

• 1 month later...

I think I have said it before, but it is a bit late in this case, Accurascale locos with sound prefitted are generally better value than retrofitting sound once you have bought the model. Unless you can get an icredibly cheap HM7000, like I did in Hattons closing down sale, by the time you have added a Powerbank (probably necessary on this loco with HM7000) there isn't much difference in price. The Accurscale fitted sound as someone mentioned earlier is also incredibly good.

I’m finding that some of the profiles with the Accurascale Manor Class Loco do not work well with other Locos on the track. Lots of regular “cutting out” and restarting and yet work flawlessly on my test stand. So far the Steam Default profile [vers 2] SD999 seems to work the best but still not flawlessly. Has anyone found a better option?

Good to know it's not just me with this same problem. Let us know if you find a solution.

The Accurascale Manor has a 21 pin decoder not a Next18.
While clearly not an HMDCC decoder, the one supplied by Accurascale [not to be named here 🤐] is excellent and I can highly recommend it……for this particular loco.

Nope, it's a Next18. And it can be fitted.

forum_image_65aad397e1c73.png.72de6660c3cd1e3715a9625627276b62.png

The Accurascale Manor has a 21 pin decoder not a Next18.
While clearly not an HMDCC decoder, the one supplied by Accurascale [not to be named here 🤐] is excellent and I can highly recommend it……for this particular loco.

Nope, it's a Next18. And it can be fitted.
forum_image_65aad397e1c73.png.3bcc9cb4ce18d910783be9bd31db365e.png

Strange, as mine (Torquay Manor) definitely has a 21 pin decoder fitted !

It has been noted that locos with factory built in stay-alives may not work well with other make decoders than the one recommended by the loco maker.

Going back to the OP cutting out with many locos on track is symptomatic of power supply issues, not loco. HM7K decoders are sensitive to track voltage variation and such can cause the Bluetooth to drop out, especially if the stay alive is not performing. Use of alien stay alives is warned about in the famous manual.

It has been noted that locos with factory built in stay-alives may not work well with other make decoders than the one recommended by the loco maker.
Going back to the OP cutting out with many locos on track is symptomatic of power supply issues, not loco. HM7K decoders are sensitive to track voltage variation and such can cause the Bluetooth to drop out, especially if the stay alive is not performing. Use of alien stay alives is warned about in the famous manual.

You’ve a new badge, Rob !