Review of the Latest Sam's Trains Commentary on Hornby TT:120

2 hours ago, Moccasin said:

Given that their share price has almost doubled in the last week after Frasers took their 9% stake and nearly tripled since the shares were priced at less than 14p a few weeks before, I think it's reasonable to say that Hornby is looking quite healthy. The revenue being brought in from TT120 and HM7000 is no doubt helping to recover their balance sheet after a lot of investment over the past few years.

It's a little sad that the new regime will get much (all?) of the credit for the recent turnaround despite the improvement in the company's model railway business being largely driven by decisions made several years ago. I guess that's life though and the new CEO and his new team are clearly doing things right to build on the successes started by others.

You obviously weren't around during the dot com boom where companies who owned literally nothing were worth a fortune on the stock exchange. People bought them because they thought the company would grow exponentially like Microsoft did, a lot of people lost a lot of money. So they are betting on the new management turning things around. For a start the new management hasn't been in long enough to show any difference, we are seeing some of the more negative actions at the moment (screwed up models) but that is detail that the City is probably not interested in. It will probably take at least 2 years for the new management to have any real noticeable effect.

To be quite honest I don't why you are all going at Sam, he is entitled to his opinion last time I looked we were still living in a democracy. If you don't like what he says just don't go there. He recently did a couple of review on TT models and if I remember they were quite complimentary. He just stated that at the moment it is not going anywhere. which is pretty true as the number of releases are minute compared to the number of Hornby OO ones. Hornby have released more Hornby Dublo models in the last 6 months than they have TT.

Edited by RB51
Banned word
  • Like 1

Sam seems to have a vendetta against Hornby, and it was apparent in this video.  I think nothing would please him more than to see Hornby go under.  If he wants me to take him seriously then he needs to review non-Hornby TT products too.

• Like 1

@ColinB

• Sam is entitled to think what he likes.
• You are entitled to agree with him.
• I am entitled to think he is mistaken/incorrect.
• Others are entitled to think he is an idiot.

Wonderfully in this democracy- all of us are entitled to express our opinions!

• Like 2

• RB51 locked this topic