Class 50 locomotives

Mulsanne88

3 hours ago, Dodge1965 said:

Thought i would try the 50's with some coaches. Not done much on the layout, been fitting a new kitchen at home..

Really nice, I’d love to have the space for a layout like that. 

Very  strange, courier  has  just  delivered  my 50040 at 18:20 whilst  tracking  still says  in transit  and  delivery  due  tomorrow.

Just  gave  quick  test  run   and so  all is  good. 🙂

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I must be the only person with a pre-order class 50 that has not arrived yet 😞 .

Has anyone had their Rails of Sheffield pre-order delivered?

I hope my class 50 and coaches arrive before Hornby put the class 37 on sale!!!!

I've added a photo i took of Pitchford Hall at Didcot last year to ease my fustration.  I hope you like it.

D85_1807-Enhanced-NR-Edit copy.jpg

Edited by Stephen-1260829
corrected miss-spelling of ease (was eae)
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stephen-1260829 said:

I must be the only person with a pre-order class 50 that has not arrived yet 😞 .

I hope my class 50 and coaches arrive before Hornby put the class 37 on sale!!!!

I've added a photo i took of Pitchford Hall at Didcot last year to ease my fustration.  I hope you like it.

D85_1807-Enhanced-NR-Edit copy.jpg

Can't wait for the 37 next year!  Not ordering the MK2 coaches until I can run them with that.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stephen-1260829 said:

Yes, @Stephen-1260829 mine arrived today, though I had paid for express delivery. Runs beautifully so far. Very heavy and good quality with no problems… yet!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, david_watts1 said:

You need to open the video in Chrome or other browswer, not Microsoft Edge, it's a codec issue.

Edge and Chrome ok for me, Firefox was the issue. Now all fixed.

I was on the fence about purchasing a class 50 and regretted it when the blue DCC/TXS sold out so fast. But an offer on the Bay of e was too good to resist. Ordered and delivered this week (sorry to those still waiting). Only shame is I can't test it until next week!

• Like 1

My 50 is running in and going smoothly. Only issue is it seems a little slow. Not sure if this is just my imagination but it’s running at about a scale 28mph whilst at 50% on the HMDCC app. Is that about normal?