Class 50 locomotives

Mulsanne88

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Moccasin said:

mean that the metadata has said they'll arrive this week for a while, and today for he past week or so.

Not quite as Sunday/Monday it was still saying 21st and only after then changed to 23rd.

That is why people were saying on the 21st things like "today's the day" and "I wonder if they will appear".

Edited by Silver Fox 17

Posted (edited)

Apologies, I thought it had changed before Monday - time flies when you're having fun - but my main point was that the metadata is an accurate reflection of when Hornby expect the stock and (at least in the case of the Class 50) they are updating it when new information arrives. So presumably, there was a last minute delay in the vessel docking at the UK port (or in customs over the weekend) and that led to the late change from 21st to 23rd.

In future, we can hopefully be confident that the date shown in the metadata is a correct reflection of when Hornby expect the stock to arrive. 

Edited by Moccasin
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Moccasin said:

And now they're running a double Reward Points offer over the weekend - so for those without pre-orders, let's hope they show in stock before that ends!

If they go into stock when the 2x points is running, I’ll probably break down and buy one. I have the old version of the TT club where you get 2x points on all TT purchases. But it stacks with 2x points events. So, I’d get 40% back in points. 

I’ll miss my membership… It ends on the 7th of June. 😭

• Like 3

Welcome to our world - us earlier members miss our discounts! 

I was thinking about buying a few Mk2s to go with the Class 50 using my accumulated points but, with double points, I will have to balance whether that's a better offer and whether I can afford it. I'd get about £20-30 back in points and save on the shipping charge but the up-front cost is a bit much.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Eddie is not pre-order anymore.

Says pre-order on the thumbnail, but click through to the page and it's order now. I just got my instock only discount to work on it too.

Edited by Invicta
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Rallymatt said:

I expect eBay will be full of people trying to sell a kidney now! 

Not me keeping mine for now, thankfully just a loco I want with these releases, coaches all too late era.

My expensive period will be the Stanier era, locos and coaches. 

Edited by Silver Fox 17
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Tim Allen said:

There’s plenty of DC version at the mo. 

290 Leviathan in stock - both TXS version showing last few.

Thankfully for my wallet, spending £550 to get the £50 discount and double points is pretty difficult! There'll be other offers - probably at Aug BH.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

With this new stock arriving, we've now passed the 2/3 mark in terms of in stock TT120 items (127) vs announced (185). 

3 minutes ago, Stephen-1260829 said:

When Hornby state 290 in stock, is this available stock excluding pre-orders?  I was thinking that this would be normal to exclude pre-ordered stock as it is already allocated.

Good question - presumably it's net of pre-orders in case someone like @Irishmail wanted to buy 290 of them!

Edited by Moccasin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Given how much stock has just arrived, I think many of us will need to be very patient. It will take a while to process all the pre-orders and new orders. I can't see everything being cleared before the end of next week. They'll already be busy with the double points and £50 off (Insert random number here) offers.

• Like 1

2 requests for payment detail updates received. 6 more to go. Sir Edward Elgar and an era 7 Mk2F coach so far.

Hopefully by the time I get home all 8 will be awaiting payment detail updates 😀

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Moccasin said:

With this new stock arriving, we've now passed the 2/3 mark in terms of in stock TT120 items (127) vs announced (185). 

Good question - presumably it's net of pre-orders in case someone like @Irishmail wanted to buy 290 of them!

We could always set up our pre-orders with Irishmail 🙂 now as they will have the stock in years to come!!

Edited by Stephen-1260829
  • Haha 1