Post Hidden on TT: 120 topic

I have just replied to a post in the TT:120 topic and it says post hidden and content must be approved? Never had this before. Any reason or has anyone else had this issue previously?  Thanks.

image.thumb.png.fb85a42f094389284ce5763f984dbe63.png

@Invicta  is probably correct.  Unfortunately this forum does seem to be overly sensitive,  I've had this approval warning a couple of times for perfectly innocuous words - one time it was another user's name embedded as a mention!   Such posts do get approved when a mod is able to get round to it but by then there may have been other replies by members who hadn't seen your post and which may have related or influenced their response.

Edited by ntpntpntp
  • Thanks 1

As this forum is viewed by minors then I think we should accept the occasional requirement for moderation. I have even had a couple of posts deleted when I got a bit emotional and I have absolutely no problem with that. * Perhaps, as the so-called AI gets a bit smarter the moderation will be more finely tuned. 

* although I should try harder to remain dispassionate. 😑

Edited by dBerriff
  • Like 2

I had it when I put the title of the 1988 Leslie Neilson Film in a post, the one from the files of Police Squad. It should get approved after a short while.

Keeps everything child friendly, after all I was about 8 or 9 when I first started and would have gone onto the forums had the 1970s cave we lived in been fitted with wifi. 

Edited by Tim Allen

The ‘Hand of Dog’, I always thought the other term was a misprint. 😁

I posted something about a scenic area and mentioned a word that describes an unwanted plant beginning with W…. Took me hours to fathom why the post was held! These things have been brought up in the Forum Feedback section. It would be useful if the suspect word was highlighted and general population (us) could go back and edit and use an alternative word, not sure if that’s doable in this version of the forum though. 

• Like 2

Moved as if by magic.

The naughty filter list is within our view at present and is being de-silly'd by the mods. And yes the G word is in there along with some other words I have never heard of but no doubt you wouldn't want to utter them in church.

These are the options the Admin has ...

... as you can see one of the options is to show the naughty word and allow it to be fettled. The default seems to be hold for moderation.

IMG_2070.jpeg

• Like 2

Would Block submission reduce the load on our esteemed but unpaid moderators? At the same time it would give our active contributors the opportunity to reach for the Thesaurus and reconsider their inappropriate (as judged by the forum rules) use of word or words?

• Like 2

So "Block submission" would at least let the poster edit and correct?  As long as the system does tell the poster what it's not happy about?  🙂 Better than having to wait for approval I think.

Edited by ntpntpntp
  • Like 2

The thing is  there  were no  offencive  or  imflammetary  words  in my  origional  post? 

How  can  (G)od   be  an  offencive  word?   What about  the  people who  model  the  GWR  , God's Wonderful Railway. No offenece ment to  the LMS, SR or LNER. 😁

1 hour ago, 96RAF said:

Moved as if by magic.

The naughty filter list is within our view at present and is being de-silly'd by the mods. And yes the G word is in there along with some other words I have never heard of but no doubt you wouldn't want to utter them in church.

These are the options the Admin has ...

... as you can see one of the options is to show the naughty word and allow it to be fettled. The default seems to be hold for moderation.

IMG_2070.jpeg

Thing  is  there were  no  naughy words  in  my post.   Can  I  ask  mods/admins  to  ask  whoever  is  respondible  to  allow god with  a capital  G .  Thank  you.

Two  post   straight after  each  other  now  waiting for approval.  One  was  a  question  for the  mods. 

No point  in  posting  if we  have  to wait  for approval  every  time!

13 hours ago, Irishmail said:

Two  post   straight after  each  other  now  waiting for approval.  One  was  a  question  for the  mods. 

No point  in  posting  if we  have  to wait  for approval  every  time!

We are volunteers and not on 24/7 call for post moderation. Had you been on the Scalex site and the only mod was on holiday you would have to wait. Please do not assume we are at your beck and call.

As I said G o d is in the list hence your multiple rejection, and by quoting your own post you compounded the 'felony'. It will be removed along with other silly restricted words.

• Like 1

@Irishmail the answer to your question is that invoking deities can be done contentiously & cause conflict.  Your ‘hand of…’ context is obviously benign, however a blacklist cannot understand context - it is merely a list of banned words!
(blacklists are not AI - they have been used for decades & pose no threat to humanity! 😉)

Perhaps you could use a substitute like ‘hand of Dog’ or ‘Dog’s Wonderful Railway’ - that would avoid the issue (for the computer) whilst humans would still understand what you were saying.

Edited by LTSR_NSE
  • Like 2