Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

36 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

I've been looking at the Bachmann 56xx 0-6-2 for some time.

One of our colleague's (Deem I think?) recently purchased one.

Bit the bullet and bought one for a reasonable price - slightly older model, early logo, BR, Black.

Due probably by Tuesday.

Al.

@atom3624, I don't think I have bought Bachamnn 56xx 0-6-2, I did buy Bachmann Class 08 few weeks back so it maybe some one else.

• Like 1

I did received today Hornby R2448 Princess Royal Class "lady Patricia" Weathered used but in excellent condition.  Tested on track only for couple of minutes and wow, ran very smoothly and runs beautifully slowly as well. Very pleased with this purchase.WhatsAppImage2024-06-29at22_57_11.thumb.jpeg.dbb677be90665ff524bc771e8e6852bf.jpegWhatsAppImage2024-06-29at22_57_10.thumb.jpeg.938f890c677fa649a5ae862462531913.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Deem said:

@atom3624, I don't think I have bought Bachamnn 56xx 0-6-2, I did buy Bachmann Class 08 few weeks back so it maybe some one else.

No problem.  Not important anyway.  Somebody else had done - my bad for not 'researching' anyway.

Al.

Just arrived from another accidental venture onto Ebay! I am falling behind. This is now the second I have awaiting a repaint into British colours. I'm off to the Perth Model Railway show in an hour. This could be an expensive weekend!

P6300001.thumb.JPG.45d8cf42f30716e5ef6dc5e669cbc97d.JPG

47 minutes ago, ellocoloco said:

Just arrived from another accidental venture onto Ebay! I am falling behind. This is now the second I have awaiting a repaint into British colours. I'm off to the Perth Model Railway show in an hour. This could be an expensive weekend!

P6300001.thumb.JPG.45d8cf42f30716e5ef6dc5e669cbc97d.JPG

Had me going there for a moment. The Perth (Australia) Model Railway show was last week, but Mr Google just told me that Perth (Scotland) Model Railway show is on this weekend.

• Haha 1

Easy mistake to make. Her Grace once booked us a weekend in an hotel in Perth (Scotland). Sounded superb and really good value until she discovered that she had booked one in Perth Australia...

• Haha 2

What a nice father. Why do you need to hook up tender wiring? the locos are DCC ready, you just need to pop in a decoder. Or are you talking about speaker wiring to position it at a distance from the decoder. Or something else?

Edited by Brew Man

1 hour ago, Brew Man said:

What a nice father. Why do you need to hook up tender wiring? the locos are DCC ready, you just need to pop in a decoder. Or are you talking about speaker wiring to position it at a distance from the decoder. Or something else?

My MN has the HM7K decoder in the smoke box and the smallest speaker enclosure sitting on the front of the chassis. I think I took out the smoke box weight in its earlier TTS days.

Had a great afternoon at the Perth show and managed to get out without too much damage to my wallet. Two Lima torpedo wagons for £30. Not something I was really looking for but I do have an Aceralia Vossloh G1700 and need a couple of wagons for it. I think Ref is HL6045 putting them as Hornby production released as Lima Hobby line. Wheels are plastic and couplings molded to the bogies. They will eventually get a repaint and new wheels and couplers.

P7010002.thumb.JPG.795db877697f0cb21ccb8113e11a0108.JPG

• Like 2

56xx (~ = 66xx) 6624 Bachmann 0-6-2 received today.  Cleaned up a little, and gave a 'strategic touch of oil' and have had her running forwards / backwards - 180 turnaround - forwards / backwards.

Running extremely well - great (hardly little) locomotive.

32-079 - 6624 240701 chopped down.jpg

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ellocoloco said:

Had a great afternoon at the Perth show and managed to get out without too much damage to my wallet. Two Lima torpedo wagons for £30. Not something I was really looking for but I do have an Aceralia Vossloh G1700 and need a couple of wagons for it. I think Ref is HL6045 putting them as Hornby production released as Lima Hobby line. Wheels are plastic and couplings molded to the bogies. They will eventually get a repaint and new wheels and couplers.

P7010002.thumb.JPG.795db877697f0cb21ccb8113e11a0108.JPG

They always used to be in the Lima HO catalogues I think with UK markings, great looking wagons. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I carefully purchased some items over a period of days, to have a week of nice pressies arriving most days .... and they all come at once 😆

So Some Secondhand purchases:

plmns.thumb.jpg.ec1cbb737d58f3cc83f42b8697b54110.jpg

A rake of Pullmans, my research taught me they were initially wood (match) boarded under the windows, and later (in BR days) they covered or replaced these with aluminium panels. So then I had to find ones with aluminium panels as they were to run with my BR locos. These don't have NEM, but do have the "kinematic" close coupling, with screw in tension locks, so I am sure I can soon fabricate a link bar on the 3DP at a later stage (they will be left in their rake once on the layout).

3f.thumb.jpg.fec82c8cb4737c982b0baa7d3169f85f.jpg

The Class 3P for goods duty on the branch line.

4mt.thumb.jpg.282eeca9e119d20bb11c8988555caabe.jpg

The Standard 4MT does have an unglued speedo cable and an unglued chimney, but  as it is otherwise sound, and only cost me £72, I can live with it ! This will be on main line goods duty.

Then a couple of (I felt) nicely priced brand new ones:

mcmp.thumb.jpg.95db435d2ad8ce3f9e4e4538d2d1ccb4.jpg

The Midland Compound will be on branch line light passenger duty, TMC are selling these for £99 brand new at the moment.

9f.thumb.jpg.9a608cbf18a4a288285b19a83779d026.jpg

And lastly, my favourite of the bunch, A 2022 tooled 9F, metal boiler I believe, DCC sound fitted with HM7k, and selling at Kernow MC at the moment for £199 ... I had to have it !

Now I best get myself braced for when the finance minister finds out 😳

Edited by Too Tall
  • Like 1

I don't think anyone can run fast enough from SWMBO !!  Good luck, but a nice selection.

I've often 'unglued' some Bachmann chimneys when drilling out and always have managed to 'invisibly reglue' without issue.

Al.

• Like 1

I had to admit to her my aquisition of the new Scotsman when she beat me to the door when postie arrived. Her response was "OK, but i must get myself a new outfit" - after all, it is my money (for both purchases).

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

The first installment of my rake of S/H Maunsell coaches arrived today, Coaches are absolutely as new, I hope the others on order are is as good as these 😊

Obviously not as popular as the Maroon BR Mk1s I am trying to build a rake of, judging by the prices 😆

mau1.thumb.jpg.ddd2556f2eb5bae4135e3ebec453015f.jpg

Edited by Too Tall

Just found an Accurascale Manor on Ebay going for a fair price.

I had not wished to go for this initially when it first came out, but appearance and overall performance appear to be superb - highlighted problem being continued slow running is difficult to establish.

I should be able to live with what I've seen - liking the detailing, glowing firebox and metal body.

Al.

I know I am supposed to be downsizing but I couldn’t resist these two JVM/Gaiety locos off a famous auction site as I didn’t have an electric N2. 

These locos are from the 1950s and the N2 was available as a push along version, 2 rail and 3 rail electric. It is a rip-off of the Hornby Dublo version being almost identical but with raised British Railways on the tanks and the Dublo LMS version’s number with a 4 in front (for an LNER loco??????) raised on the cab side. When I compared it to my push-along version there are some slight differences in the body. 

There is also another very odd push along version with large driving wheels and outside cylinders which I think was made in some very odd colours. Most seem to be green.

One of the wheels is loose on the insulator and needs sorting as it keeps going out of quarter, something to fix in the future, and the rear pony is missing but I have a couple of Dublo ones spare so I will see if one will fit. It looks like it will. 

As for the Pannier, I have an original and a repaint on a Tri-ang chassis. This one has detail differences to the other two so this mould must have been changed at some point as well. 

Both have good motors but the pick-ups need sorting. I might take the best bits off the pannier chassis and swap them about then dispose of it with some early OO Grafar parts I have. 

Annoyingly my push along N2 has some buffers missing and they are screw-in and the ones on the pannier are a different thread!

IMG_0035.jpeg

Super stuff Rana T. I had both the Gaiety N2 with raised lettering and fake number and the pannier. I found the pannier body at a train fair. It had a driver cast into the cabside as a half figure i.e torso but no legs. I had not seen this before. The Gaiety bodies were somewhat crude so after motorising both with old Triang chassis I sold the pannier. I kept the N2 with a view of turning it into a more respectable model but decided that the work involved would be too much. It's still in my spares box.