Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

Finally picked up an Exeter from Hamleys yesterday.

Hailing from Exeter (and now living in London), it was great to finally pick one up, although it take some time - they ordered Exeters, Budes etc in before Christmas and only got them yesterday.

Guess how many Exeters were sent to Hamleys?

Two. Yep, two.

The guy there previously advised me they would be getting anywhere between two and nine Exeters, so glad I kept on pestering him!

Shame I won't run it until March when I next spend the weekend with my parents...

/media/tinymce_upload/b8820d643eaa5e49d49c0283f48f328e.jpg-resized.jpg

Hi all

Not Hornby but Egger Bahn

For those that don't know Egger Bahn was around in the 1960's they went down the gurgler like many companies did, around about the same time as Triang I think.

One of these for a small narrow gauge line that will feed into my Hornby line thats the passenger service taken care of when I can afford another one.

regards John

Been after one of these for years -would probably got one if I'd been prepared to put a high enough bid!

Just arrived........club exclusive Sutton Terrier..........a little beauty 😆........needs a decoder though, will need careful installation.........HB

Mine came too know what you mean about the Chip. As I bought Whitechapple too for SWMBOs valantine present I'll have to wait for the chip. I'm thinking of a six pin with a harness.

Been after one of these for years -would probably got one if I'd been prepared to put a high enough bid!

I know exactly how you feel Uhm I was trying to get a Decauville 0-4-0 but that went to.

Where ever that person is send the padded van round type prices it went for, are you siting down about 130 pounds,

Thats just plain madness a good one is generaly about the 50 pound mark don't know what made that one so special

Some what in anger and discust I threw so to speak, a very low bid at that one and went for a calming cup of tea, Thinking no way are you going to get that at that stupidly low bid 20 pounds

Then low and behold enjoy your railcar.

I am still looking at it thinking OK whats wrong I don't have this kind of luck.

I guess it really is all just the luck of the day and who wants what and why.

The sillyist thing I have come across is I bought a brand new little narrow gauge halt the new blue box mobs one.

The poor hobby shop owner ?/ staff member? was just about in tears as I was told the postage cost was going to be 12 pounds something near enough to three pounds more than the building price and its a tiny little thing.

Nice but tiny

regards John

Yesterday the LMS 4-4-0 bundle deal arrived already had the two coaches from last June's discount offers but I also added R4656 and R4677A Non-corridor stock to the order. Plenty of room in the tender for a sound module. Hmmm.

Today came the last of the orders made last year after being returned by the courier. Seven weeks for this one compared to eight days for the order above. R3302 1940: Returm From Dunkirk. Lovely little loco although the tender has a weight inside restricting the space to a Hornby R8249 or smaller. Six wheel pick up in the tender and beautifully detailed loco. The coaches are nice too!

Picked up some Maunsell 6 compartments a week ago (R4339A & B, R4341A  ) 2 brakes and a composite.

Both locos chipped and run-in on the rolling road after being added to the RM loco list.

Yesterday received 'Whitechapel' and Year Book, lovely items, highly delighted with purchases.  Following others suggestions re club membership, took the (online) plunge, paid the annual fee,of £15, and with the total for the 2 items coming to £22.19, (post free!) a fabulous deal

Not my region of first choice (coming from Middlesex) but it is such a lovely loco, couldn't resist.  Another box to add to the selection, one day I might even get to run it properly!  And, I have always had a soft spot for the Bulleid 4-6-0s, so got a Wrenn/Hornby hybrid of WC class too (Margate motorised tender with unmotorised Harlow body) goes very well.  Body lines are as lovely as the Midland 'Coronations' to my eye.

Rod