Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

RAF, hi, welcome to the world of Walkabouts. Great fun. john

At the moment I can only run one loco, they way I have mine addressed, but i can use it for basic decoder testing with that fancy ESU rig, so i'm just learning how to use it

I just picked up a couple of these from my local model shop.

/media/tinymce_upload/8258143f32984e893f20a1998db27add.jpg

Being very light they kept derailing when crossing points, so after a quick rummage through the "it'll come in handy one day box" and a light going over with the air brush, we have this.

/media/tinymce_upload/8d2ac3097e7bd3f9b0c9f2780a08c26b.jpg

I bought 6 Strathwood books in the sale. I have also purchased another Brit which will become 70007 Coeur de Lion, and several sets of Brit engraved nameplates. Trainspotting in 00 scale as the Brits were the only still complete class when I started trainspotting as a youngster. Now I have 32 with one on order.

My latest purchase are these (my thanks to Phul007 for bringing the product range to my attention). I'm in the UK, ordered directly from USA manufacturer, arrived within 4 working days from order.

/media/tinymce_upload/e118412c0c98114e14408691364dee41.gif

/media/tinymce_upload/f9f1313269c49fab0d28a2209b6b04c7.gif

/media/tinymce_upload/987f512a6cd038002ab581813ab336ea.gif

/media/tinymce_upload/7df39294633ee03448d102cad5fd04d2.gif

A Lima J50 odd eBay. Nice Runner but the previous owner had painted over the BR number ad insignia with black paint and applied some NER transfers so Ive polished these back to the plastic and resprayed "Chaos black" and filed off the front number plate. All I need to do is find my LNER transfer. if the result looks OK I will then fit it with a chip.

DCC chips ready to resume converting my DC locomotives. Having just done a split chassis I think I'll have a bit of a rest and do some standard hornby 0-6-0 chassis two for J52 (LNER Black and GNR green) and possibly for a black J83, a Jinty or even the above mentioned J50.

Return from Dunkirk set bought by my partner in the hattons sale, the 700 is by far the best performing Hornby loco I've ever had, on par with my Hornby 2-bil & Bachmann C class & E4. I fully reccomend it, especially whilst the set is £160! Added a PLV to the set in the photo/media/tinymce_upload/dc97b1953739ce562c58d6a2fca2368a.jpg

As I'm in Florida and visiting the local model shop, it would have been wrong not to have spent some money - so I bought three TCS Decoders. Probably about the same price as UK - but as I was there!  Thye had some fabulous loco's - I'm not familiar with US Steam but they had a loco that looked like a "Big Boy", but it was $699.00 - and it would not have looked right on a "southern branch line".

Probably wouldn't have fitted on a Southern branch line BB. 

Don't think one would fit on my GWR mainline either. I have enough trouble with my Bachmann american 2-8-0 catching the cattle dock platform!

Hi everyone newby!

just acquired some stuff from retired guy's loft; an airfix royal scots 6103 also a bittern 60019, two intercity125,s miles of track a controller (clipper h&m)   14 pieces of rolling stock and few more bits, what is the value please (not selling) 

• 2 weeks later...

Been busy the last couple of days. Two more transplants. One easy the other more complicated but working in the end. LMS steam sound on the practice layout. Hornby R3459TTS and R3460TTS chassis with an 11 year old body R2099A LMS 2P '579' on one and a five year old on another R3030 LMS 4F '4316'.

http://vid12.photobucket.com/albums/a237/ex_kuranda_railway/LMS%20Steam_zpslqh7voem.mp4

Also, R3488 Diesel Freight Train Pack. Yeh, yeh I know it's RailRoad and it's in maroon but I've got an LMS diesel shunter to chip.