Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

Some 3d prints for alternative GWR American bogies for the Hornby Sophon H and G (am awaiting delivery) and have just received two somewhat battered Main Booking halls from eBay. Not that I am upsetr about the latter as that is exactly as they were shown. I intend to strip off the paper transfers and ue them as a basis for my main station building probably a cut and shut plus overlaying with stome embossed plasicard

Just received R3395TTS Mallard LNER class4 '4468'............my first Hornby TTS locomotive and very good value for £79.50.............even in railroad trim it is very well detailed and looks good..........it worked perfectly straight out of the box and I'm impressed by the range of sounds..........my only reservation is the sound reproduction, I think a better speaker would be worth installing........ 😀......HB

An Oxford Rail open wagon (E Welford - Oxford) for my "Thames Valley" coal train. However, it may have just exceeded the lenth of the longest goods loop so I may have to get some more wagons and split the train into two!

• 2 weeks later...

Just opened a parcel that came earlier today and found it contained the Pitchford Hall i ordered (split from the Tysely trainpack I think) It is a very nice runner and slightly disapointed with two aspects. The first and most important i that it has a smoke box door numberplate so not strictly in G W livery but I can probably remove it (done it so often before). owever it is such a lovely looking model I might just leave it and remember not to look at it head on!

An S&DJR 2P lovely lookin loco, off to test run and chip. Only slight moan I have is that it would have been nice to have matching couplings front and back but the nem pocket on the tender means I can fix that. Good job I don't use the small tension locks!

Hornby CCT in BR(E) livery, plus a copy of Railmaster and some fishplates - somehow ordered 2 packs instead of one, not worth sending back even though they are jolly expensive (£4 a pack). All from Hattons.  I recollect that there has been a trading partnership between Hornby (in its various iterations)  and this company since the Mecanno days, a long, strong tradition.

Mine is the "Duchess of Sutherland" Coronation Class loco and a set of very expensive matching coaches. It looks quite magestic.

I have removed the wheels from under the cab as it derailed on points. This sorted it out and to be honest, you cant really notice.

Mine is the "Duchess of Sutherland" Coronation Class loco and a set of very expensive matching coaches. It looks quite magestic.

I have removed the wheels from under the cab as it derailed on points. This sorted it out and to be honest, you cant really notice.

Hornby points?? well known for derailments.

Have just supported my local dealer, buying a Class 24 Bo Bo Diesel , DCC fitted and Directional lights.

After a thorough running-in I  attached the white handrails.  Unfortunately I could not attach the headcode discs as they would cover the directional lights. So I presume that in the real world locos diesels did not run with headcode discs at night ?/media/tinymce_upload/7f6267071dc59dc86262c75d36ef6973.JPG