Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

3 BR (ER) blood & custard coaches from 'Mighty Mallard' set (Margate manufacture). Nice looking coaches, will replace the wheels with Hornby's current metals.  the brake has been 'adapted' to have a light fitted, with the switch on the opposite side of the gangway connector.  Before I destroy the vehicle trying to remove said light, can anyone advise how I remove the roof?  Any help would be gratefully received.  Thank you

Rod

More new aquisitions, I have made, in the past month:

x2 Hornby Thomas & Friends R105 Tidmouth Milk Tanker's (2012 Version)

x1 Hornby The World of Thomas the Tank Engine R108 Closed Van

x2 Hornby R573 Locomotive Detail Pack's

x1 Hornby RailRoad R4622 BR Inter-City Mk2E 'W5860' Open Standard Coach

x1 Hornby RailRoad R4623 BR Inter-City Mk2E 'W3244' Open First Coach

x1 Hornby RailRoad R4624 BR Inter-City Mk2E 'M9501' Brake Open Standard Coach

x1 Hornby Thomas & Friends R9287 Thomas the Tank Engine (2016 Version)

x1 Hornby Thomas & Friends R9293 Annie and Clarabel

Not at all. If you look at The Son of Triangman's post at the top of the page and that he began this thread you could say it is for anything hobby related.

Oh, right then! That is a good to know! I can post a whole load Iof stuff then, of my most recent purchases, I have made for my layout.

A Patriot Class "Illustrious", pre-owned, mint and boxed, from a well-respected Somerset dealer at a show. This model is the only one of 3 in this class which was offered DCC-ready by Hornby acc. to Ramsay. The gentleman very kindly fitted a Hornby chip and the loco runs like a dream, incl. very, very slow running and crossing points. All this, a very fine looking loco at half the price of a Peckett !  So well satisfied. One way to avoid price inflation. Hope you like the photo./media/tinymce_upload/b965dbc82ef028fc25078b592e3ea65c.jpg

RAL colour chart, was looking up BR Experimental Dark Blue as there are three shades used by the manufacturers. Narrowed them down to RAL 5002, 5005 and 5010. Going to do some testing on some scrap bodies, I know RAL 5002 is as close as is possible to the purple tinge BR Dark Experimental Blue so ordering that this week and bought some paint to match RAL 5005, trouble is RAL 5005 and 5010 are very very similar. So which will match the paint I have bought?

/media/tinymce_upload/b78c09a97bdc08db937f673e7f2e4630.jpg

Even more recent purchases, I have made:

Bachmann Trains Thomas & Friends 77021 Ice Cream Wagon

Bachmann Trains Thomas & Friends 77032 Cream Tanker

Bachmann Trains Thomas & Friends 77046 Troublesome Truck #1

Bachmann Trains Thomas & Friends 77047 Troublesome Truck #2

PECO Lineside Kit OO/HO LK-25 Green Platform Seats

PECO Lineside Kit OO/HO LK-26 Red Platform Seats

PECO Model Scene Accessories OO/HO 5089 Mail Bags

Oxford Rail 2017 Product Range Catalogue