Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

Jacob, yes indeed, she's already spent it. Apparently I'm allowed one loco per month. Second hand of course. Can't afford the new loco prices, even from the 'box shifters'. I'm not sure if she's allowing roll-overs, (if i miss a month). Heck, if she does then maybe I could afford to buy something other than 0-6-0 s! I've always wanted an Evening Star and a Flying Scot.

Also, it was the Mainline loco that was wonky.

Bought at a local show from my favourite West Country dealer. An attractive J-92 in mint condition, boxed and at well under what seems to be the going price. Very pleased with the loco, which is an excellent runner. Private livery "Cadley Hill No 1"  in green and red. (Tried unsuccesfully to load a picture- sorry about that).

Jim, I'm fascinated by The Royal Alex'. Not seen one of these before. Looks really nice and in good condition. Be good to put it on display. Well done.

Yes, it's a nice loco the Royal Alex I have the later Hornby version of it. 

Jim, I'm fascinated by The Royal Alex'. Not seen one of these before. Looks really nice and in good condition. Be good to put it on display. Well done.

Yes, it's a nice loco the Royal Alex I have the later Hornby version of it. 

I have the Hornby version too - DCC Ready - it's a nice looking loco. It was also named The  Brighton Evening Argus. I'm not sure why they changed the name - someone will give the reason?

I've just Googled it, and it would appear that it was Brighton Evening Argus in 1980 and then became The Royal Alex in 1992.

Enjoyed a weekend in Swindon with my wife, helping a friend celebrate his 70th, and suggested to my lady  it would be a travesty for her not to go to the McArthur Glen shopping outlet, spent a good hour visiting the Steam Museum, and will definitely return in the near future.  Had another half hour or so in the Hornby shop, bought the sound kit for my ‘Tornado’, and a decoder for the Peckett, which I awaiting delivery of.  Lovely day.