Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

After posting in another thread that it would be impossible to get a rear bogie for a Tri-ang Baltic tank............I got one and at a very reasonable price too! I also got some parts to repair a Tri-ang EM2 motor bogie so won't have to cannibalise one of my Hymeks. Great when things work out,

Col

Bought a job lot of 27 EFE ( exclusive first editions ) 1.76 scale lorries for a total of £80 inc delivery ,,,( eBay ) ,,all the models are in excellent condition and the boxes are good ,,,but WOW!! ,what lovely detail goes into these models and they all represent the 50s/60s era ,,

It's  big and red and called 'Sir William Stanier' stunning model and the livery is just gorgeous!

Very nice fazy,,,,,I'm wanting one of those ,,,I just can't make up my mind on who to order it from ,,,Olivia's for £220 or Rails for £149.50,,,

Mjb looks like it will have to be Hattons at £189. Rails have sold out so they can advertise a price as low as they like.  😆

Ah well,,,it's a good job I had one on pre-order,from Rails,,,it came today ,,,just waiting for the Rapido Dynomometer car to come into stock ,pre-ordered also ,,but thanks to all you busy bodies for checking the retailers for me ,,just so you can say ,,,so and so have sold out ,youll have to pay such and such !!! mjb

Hi, Froggie here,

Me too, me too, waiting for a GWR HST unit plus 7 trailers to arrive - maybe tomorrow or Tuesday from two different suppliers, plus a load of transfers to recreate 'The Welshman'. (I must intercept the postie before SWMBO cottons on :((. ) Next acquisition will be a pair of sound chips plus LEDs to put lighting in and just maybe the orange door lights.

Cheers,

Phil

Found on eBay a Playcraft "Broad Street" Goods Train set, but with the diesel's "Clapham" lid.  It's in absolutely beautiful shape, box is in amazing condition, wagons look superb, and the seller replaced the chassis with another Playcraft 0-4-0 since there was an issue with the gears in the original.  Only thing is that the original owner repainted the body of the steam loco to look matte and put the BR decals on it.

Overall, quite a nice find!  I love it!  Just arrived today and will give it a run on my layout this evening!

Don't know why SWMBO didn't like that purchase, Jeff. That's a real baragin. £5.00 for a Large Breakdown Crane is very cheap, boxed to. Even had the postage on to that and it i very cheap. I paid around £30.00 for my R9216 Large Breakdown Crane (Thomas, 2006), new about 7 years ago. I paid about £16.00 for the R306 Breakdown Crane (Thomas, 1989), used, complete and boxed. Your baragin was better than what I paid for my Thomas Breakdown Crane models.

GNR-Gordon-4

Froggie here,

As an update to my comment earlier, the GWR HST and coaches arrived last week (only three days post from the UK!) and smuggled into the house. They look absolutely gorgeous even though I don't usually like the high gloss look (I prefer something a bit more muted). I shall now have to get a couple of sound chips. Unfortunately it'll have to be the MTU sound - much prefer the Valenta - but there you go :((. I shall take it to my local club tomorrow to give it a run-around.

I do have a question and perhaps someone can point me towards the right forum so this one doesn't go OT - where can I find information regarding the likely make up (consist) of 'The Welshman' (eg is a seven or eight trailer formation) and possibly the trailer numbers? Ta.

Cheers,

Phil

Just ordered a Hornby Junior from Hatton's.  I'm a sucker for cheap and cheerful trains!  Plus this will be my Christmas present to myself, and can have it run under the tree this year as an alternate to one of my other OO or HO trains I run.

Also, since I'm going to extend my layout to have an outer loop with no points (just a loop for my older Tri-Ang and other vintage equipment with thicker flanges), I can run it on there as well.