Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

Hiya  😀

You can buy a lot of different thing from Chesterfield Market & this is 1 of it...

/media/tinymce_upload/7b696170e9527f51cc34b759cae8c56b.JPG

Every thing you see in this photo (execpt the rail) I bought from C'field Market today (28/03)

/media/tinymce_upload/de2335431f5f213d1ddae7fe0fcc3087.JPG

The Station Building & palform I got for £10...

/media/tinymce_upload/4bb244d02a86161a90ea99fca85b3ddf.JPG

& I got the Water Tower for (It was £3.50) £3.00 & the Heinz Wagon for £3.00 aswell

When I can I like going to C'field Market b/c of what they are selling - they also sell old metal plated railway signs aswell - I remember (last year I think it was) I manage to get a box model railway bit & pieces (stations, platforms, folks & other bits) for about £20 when it was worth about £30 odd!!!  😀

It appears that the Gods have been smiling today!!

I've had another call from Hornby to state:

1. 6229 locomotive received.

2. After an in-depth study of the situation, the short had finally been located. I was onto it, but doubt I would have observed every aspect. Resolved.

3. Very obscure - not happened to any other (this appears to be true, hence my personal frustration - sort of 'why me?' !!)

4. Will post out - should receive early next week.

THAT'S FANTASTIC CUSTOMER SERVICE - THANK YOU HORNBY!!

Can't wait, particularly with the new Flying Scotsman additions as well.

Al.

Bachmann USA tank, lovely model.  Whilst at the London exhibition last Saturday, bought the yoochoos sound card to go with it.  Nowhere to put a speaker........spoke to Bachmann, they stated they had never fitted a sound card so couldn’t help me! They suggested placing speaker in cab, so I asked them to how I could get the cab off - unable to help.  Yoochoos show a fitting procedure on their website, but show the model stripped almost to its component parts, not something I want, or can do.  Back to the drawing board.

I have been looking at these...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0765RSJW6?ref=em_1p_0_ti&ref_=pe_4022371_365582951

They are supposed to be rated for mains lighting work but did not get very good reviews, not surprising as they are only spring pressure for connection.

I thought (being triple ganged) they would be handy for wiring point motors. Worth a punt at 50 for less than £7 with free P&P.

I'm glad this post is latest acquistion, and not purchase: I've just taken delivery of J36 Maude, 1 year and 5 days after I ordered and paid for it!

I also treated myself to the Class 66 Evening Star a few days ago.  

Couple of great models.

It appears that the Gods have been smiling today!!

I've had another call from Hornby to state:

1. 6229 locomotive received.

2. After an in-depth study of the situation, the short had finally been located. I was onto it, but doubt I would have observed every aspect. Resolved.

3. Very obscure - not happened to any other (this appears to be true, hence my personal frustration - sort of 'why me?' !!)

4. Will post out - should receive early next week.

THAT'S FANTASTIC CUSTOMER SERVICE - THANK YOU HORNBY!!

Can't wait, particularly with the new Flying Scotsman additions as well.

Al.

DoH has returned from Hornby - now to test it out- once I get it home!!

Nice to have it back again.

Al.