Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

I got one of these:

https://flic.kr/p/21bpXpD

Just got one of these too. Once I've tested it the intention is to remove the BR emblem and model this http://www.warwickshirerailways.com/gwr/gwrbsh1785.htm sadly I have mislaid the plates!

I thought I would have to remove a BR number plate from the front and a top feed aparatus (the GWR version has this) but was suppised to see the Oxcford model has neither leaving me to remove a painted on shed plate so should be one of the easiest retro fit I've done!

PS very nice layout setting. the first image even has a Cambrian (Welshpool) feel.

A Hornby Wagons Job Lot which cost me only £10.75 and another £3.65 for P&P. Not a bad price, for a few extra's! The money they received for this auction, also goes to charity, which is a bit of a bonus.

This job lot consists of, as follows:

x2 R105 Tidmouth Milk Tanker's (Blue)

x1 R305/R9006 Tar Tanker

x1 Total No. 407 Fuel Tanker (Spilit from R6366/R6789)

x1 Texaco No. 1627 Fuel Tanker (Spilit from R6366/R6789)

x1 Shell No. 65538 Fuel Tanker (Spilit from R6366)

x1 Cattle Wagon (Spilit from R9271)

GNR-Gordon-4

Got this today out of Limassol Lidl - not a loco but I'm sure I can find a use for it eventually...

Its about half the size of a regular 6" bench grinder. Variable speed and comes with a wooden box of bits and a flexy shaft attachment.

Rob

/media/tinymce_upload/44a5afdbe3f8d2cb39b1e421ce79f6df.PNG

Hi Froggie here,

Class 350/1 Desiro - arrived last week. I just couldn't resist even though it isn't my region or era. 4-car unit at under £100 - what's not to like?

I see there are quite a few Hornby DMU/EMUs on sale too - and Christmas is coming ;)).

Cheers,

Phil

A blue box GWR Class 56xx. Great little loco, although perhaps a little longer than I imagined. Quick and easy decoder insallation, that's some thing I'd like Hornby to do more of - DCC ready tank engines. Superb detail and very heavy so presumably a good hauler. Not run in yet, but checked and all seems to function correctly. Looking forward to using it 😀

A little disappointed with my Heljan Railcar. A fine model as regards detail and finish but very, very fussy about the track. Maybe because it only has 4 wheels, so limited contact with the rails. Nevertheless, it looks nice ! 😛

Nice model!  😀

Long wheelbase model railway vehicles can be more prone to twist faults in the track and curvature issues. In simplistic terms a twist fault is where one of the pair of running rails rises (or falls) too quickly in relation to the other - I hope this assists. 

Thankyou, Caiptean. I now have a new term, Twist Fault, in my vocabulary. 😀 You have probably diagnosed the trouble. The track on which I have been running the Railbus has only been set up recently and definitely has the potential for being out of kilter somewhere, as it includes some elevated sections. I will take a close look at places where it may not be properly laid. The other locos I have run on it have been mainly 0-6-0's or Bo-Bo/ Co-Co so more contact wheels.

Today at Warley, I purchased the following item's:

x2 Hornby Thomas & Friends R9006 Tar Tanker's

x1 Hornby Thomas & Friends R9205 Ice Cream Van

x1 Hornby Thomas & Friends R9299 Tanker Triple Pack

I also picked up a Hornby R8153 Hornby Handbook 2016, today at Warley, which Hornby were giving away for free.

GNR-Gordon-4