Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

Just received my latest purchase 2x Sayers and Co x Ltd 5 plank coal wagons with load numbers 1 and 4 brought from the Mid Hants Wagon Group (2021 offering by Wessex Wagons / Dapol. ) i am waiting 2 of last years offerings to arrive.

i wish Hornby offered such a service but it would require a UK based production facility.

I just got these two fully working clockwork locos. The one on the right is an original Trackmaster and the one on the left a Triang one. I have an almost mint Triang body to replace the one shown. The main differences between the two are the wheels and couplings. The Trackmaster one is missing the coupling but has very fine scale wheels. The Triang one has both couplings but has much coarser wheels.

I can now get rid of the other locos I have in various states of repair, although most have a functioning clockwork motor.

forum_image_607741822ae4e.thumb.png.7173dd17e4f8d3c1b683568e0a95b6bb.png

A Henderson’s box van from rails complete with a small bottle of Henderson’s, arrived within 10 days, Blue Merchant Navy from Kernow , has been in the postal system now for 4 weeks it will arrive one day. This pre order was cancelled by both rails and Hatton so looks I have one on the way.

Everything is taking a lot longer than usual.

Derek

Expensive indeed.
Do they get the water scoops back-to-front on the A2/3's as well, or is it only the A2/2?
My 60501 could only scoop water going backwards when it arrived - easily remedied!
Al.

My Sun Castle has its water scoop the correct way round - not that you can actually see it!

Thanks for the confirmation.

Possibly spotted the errors in the A2/2's on arrival and delayed the A2/3's?

Both excellent, but flawed models - particularly that green and lining.

My pre-ordered Coronation coaches have arrived, so will pay for them next week as agreed with the retailer - receiving probably Wednesday.

Al.

D-Day - delivery day - LMS Coronation coaches have arrived - look even better 'in the flesh'.

I'll correct that - they're superb!!

I've one of the 65' ones out 'on display' on my laptop at work.

All 4 axles pick-up power and power the lamps - is that necessary?

AND ... it's super-free rolling.

If I'm lucky and the others are as good, there's no issue.

TBH, I am anticipating some issues, but as the pick-ups are 'wipers', some of them can be bent back - without damage / removal, halving or less the resistance.

Al.

• 3 weeks later...

From a retailer, 4 metres of PECO code 100 wooden sleeper flexi track. 2 metres is to replace the carriage siding I lifted (I was not patient) to get track for extending the West side of the layout to 4 tracks from 3. The other 2 metres are on a shelf above the workbench for now to house rolling stock to be repaired or has been repaired.

A PECO truss girder bridge to add to two existing ones to bridge the 4 tracks and 18 steel 3 hole disc wheelsets to upgrade some Tri-ang wagons.

Whilst there, the dealer gave me a blanking plug for a DCC fitted Britannia Lord Rowallan that was run on DC but the decoder fried the other day.

As you can see from the photos above, both are of the LHS. This was just by coincidence.

Not certain if it was known or not by the seller, but being resolved anyway, but there was an issue, and one I've never seen before!

The cab 'doors' were both very well located, but the RHS was curiously split in half!

I simply have superglued it into one piece, then once dried have sanded down.

Just received is one little tub of Railmatch 'Steam blue' paint - I'll do both sides to match, if it's noticeable.

It was purchased as used, near new - which it is - except for this - for a pretty good price, so I'm not complaining - all part of the modelling experience!

I also received a couple of packets of the close couplers - which I'll use on my LNER Teak coaches, after seeing how successful they are on the LMS Coronation Scot coaches.

After installation - LNER teaks look great on the straights, and there's more than enough clearance on the curves

Al.

This looks a bit incongruous running amongst my diesel fleet, (especially as it will outpace them if I let it), but I couldn't resist it, though it looks good with Stephenson's Rocket, (1960's Tri-ang Hornby version). Bought as a bit of fun really, grinning

forum_image_60a31fb6ce641.thumb.png.6cac518c27f46e84b710b49fa72d5e28.pngforum_image_60a31fb92a4b8.thumb.png.dd965cf5d30e252b12efdedd650e0567.png

I've only recently got back into this after a very long break (about 15 or more years). I used to be very into it when I was younger as my Grandad was into trains. Steam engines in particular. I've always liked them myself too. I've been putting a new layout together and all the old loco's we had collected over the years are getting used again. Some of these are nearly 30 years old. I was shocked that they all still run.

Long story short, myself and my Grandad were always on the hunt for a Black 5. We were never ever able to find one. So I found one online Sunday and ordered it. Should have it Thursday and I'm psyched to actually get my hands on one. I think he would really have liked it.

I'm also still new to the whole lingo for talking about model railways. So if there's a thread or something where all this is explained, please post a link.

This bumping post has just been added to see if it resolves the 'an unexpected error has occurred' error that some members are seeing when trying to access this thread.

• 2 weeks later...