Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

Good job!!

The Class 25 I purchased the other week - older, non-lit Bachmann - is in superb condition but was missing it's handrails.

£5 was all that was needed. Bachmann responded the same morning, sent them the same day.

They're very fine white painted plastic ones, on sprues. I'd trimmed all carefully without issue, except one was already broken.

I mentioned to Bachmann, and same day, they sent a free replacement pack.

Always bemused how Bachmann can do this and ..... ah well, broken record.

Al.

Another out of place purchase for my layout. I've always liked the Class 86, but never bought one as I don't run overhead wires. However, as my other half hails from Preston I wanted something relevant to her home area as it were so bought this. Same thing goes for the Lancashire & Yorkshire Pug as well. And "No," the name on the 86 is not a reflection on my wife. stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye

forum_image_60e5dd4526263.png.43fb973280b1c22ada6cf142a1648568.png

forum_image_60e5d17cd583f.thumb.png.33dfe7053ae367ac67d1105a7d7effc1.pngforum_image_60e5d17f0506b.thumb.png.fbd47a6ef8beaf3c25f09ade8a03450d.png

Split chassis?
I purchased a Mayflower, and had to get axle centres - runs acceptably but those plastic isolating axle centres are a pain - at least the quartering's easy!
Al.

Pretty sure of it; since the specific model was first made in 1997, and then produced on and off until 2004-ish; definately before NEM's were introduced.

Once the body's off you can see immediately - 2 cast halves, insulated, but held together, with a motor jammed in the middle.

Changing the axle centres tbh was pretty easy. Even if running well, it may be worthwhile emailing Bachmann for a set - spares are really 'quite reasonable' and customer service is excellent.

If you've not done it before, but need to - perhaps to change a motor, be very careful of the tiny springs used to ensure a good electrical contact - they can 'ping lost' very easily!

Al.

Hi

Gone slightly mad I have brought 3 class 86's

R800 Royal Anglian Regiment

R383 Frank Hornby

R335 Halley's Comet

A Lima 87 Couer De Lion

A Class 90 R595 in post red

All with now fully working pantographs ready for my newly planned modern layout with Triang working Catenary

A two tone green unnamed class 55 railroad Deltic, tracked down on Monday by Karen at Arcadia, and delivery promised on Wednesday, It arrived on Tuesday, to join my other Railroad Flying Scotsman and blue Mallard on the ECML. Impressed with this loco , I have bought two more, St Paddy, in blue.