Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

The sensor in your phone or tablet knows which way is up. If you take a photo anyway but up then it will forever post it as that other way up, regardless of how it looks on your screen.

On an iPad and most phones the Home button has to be under your right thumb or at the bottom of screen. Ditto the shutter button in your camera app.

Now when you come to post a picture to the forum the phone-tablet has to be in the same up is up position or again the picture will post downside up or sideyways etc.

Try it.

There seems to be something not quite right with this forum and image orientation from smart phones. I have taken several pictures with my phone vertical, and when I’ve added it to my post it’s orientated correctly. Then when the post is approved, it’s sideways.

If I go through google photos and add the picture to my PC that I took with my phone, I never have any issues. I’ve also never seen this issue on any other forum that I’ve used.

Latest eBay purchase is this Tri-ang clockwork diesel shunter as I didn’t have the blue version. Some of the wheels were on the wrong way round and the mechanism needed cleaning and lubricating, there were a few fixes needed to the body as well. Now running superbly it needs a straightened/new coupling and the BR totems replacing. The key shaft is partially worn so I might swap the whole mechanism for a spare one that I have.

forum_image_6213bc23be2ba.thumb.png.4a1f84a35fc54e9d455948aa9db5aa06.png

I did have two Class 37 [Vitrains] Loadhaul models, which were quite a sight when running together on my outer track.

However. A Vitrains DRS body came up recently on ebay so I snapped it up, which I'll run now and again with my beautiful Bachmann Class 57 'Cable Thieves DRS' model.

forum_image_621a8e14685aa.thumb.png.39a7914a90c021e9449f4efb8da3774a.png

Had a few "mad moments" recently, went a bit OTT with the spending.

First off, Class 50 50007 Sir Edward Elgar in Brunswick Green.

forum_image_621ae6c43503f.thumb.png.1c9b04d8bf5970e130fbcb1b51a3a987.png

Followed by Class 47 47628 Sir Daniel Gooch also in Brunswick Green.

forum_image_621ae6c84c890.thumb.png.a19e1278d6d9967a175e3ccf4aaf610e.png

Thirdly, Class 47 47613 North Star in British Rail Blue.

forum_image_621ae6cc3a720.thumb.png.47c3f5ec3d768b659f259bc96f34ed1c.png

And finally, something completely different, a DeWitt Clinton.

forum_image_621ae6d048206.thumb.png.2df70d847f20f13a7346fecfcddb8cd0.png

Doesn't fit in with my time period I know, but I just like it and it goes with some of my other models when I like to ring the changes.

I've always wanted a heavy goods engine for my layout, so here is my latest purchase:

forum_image_621b6d6fab941.thumb.png.3def18218b5cbc5240afa2462c56dc4b.png

Mod note - your duplicate post removed. Pictures are held in a queue for release so do not appear immediately. This is flagged at top of page when you post your submission.

This is my latest acquisition, but does anyone else know what it is? This one is the motorless version and as far as I know was available in black, red and green.

It is the same under scale size as the Hornby Dublo/Wrenn model and carries the same number as their LMS version with the 4 added at the front, which of course is not prototypical as it was based on an LNER loco and should have a 6. I have some correct replacement buffers for it. It is not Trackmaster or Tri-ang!

forum_image_621b8ba09f98f.thumb.png.03c4736c1ecc3d5cfc6abba57003ceb7.png

DB I would have thought Gaiety but it says JVM on it which may be the same company? Unfortunately on the JVM/Gaiety question my usual visit to Pat hammond’s books draws a blank.

I have a Gaiety Pannier with the original motor which still runs like a dream despite the very rough casting of the body, and I have posted a 3 rail Gaiety N2 chassis I got in a box of bits on here before.

I would question why they didn’t do better at the time with the finer scale wheels than a lot of offerings and heavy metal bodies. I have also wondered the same about the Grafar locos or at least the later ones, I have a Grafar pannier with a can motor that is virtually silent and will crawl all day.