Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

36 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

I've been looking at the Bachmann 56xx 0-6-2 for some time.

One of our colleague's (Deem I think?) recently purchased one.

Bit the bullet and bought one for a reasonable price - slightly older model, early logo, BR, Black.

Due probably by Tuesday.

Al.

@atom3624, I don't think I have bought Bachamnn 56xx 0-6-2, I did buy Bachmann Class 08 few weeks back so it maybe some one else.

• Like 1

I did received today Hornby R2448 Princess Royal Class "lady Patricia" Weathered used but in excellent condition.  Tested on track only for couple of minutes and wow, ran very smoothly and runs beautifully slowly as well. Very pleased with this purchase.WhatsAppImage2024-06-29at22_57_11.thumb.jpeg.dbb677be90665ff524bc771e8e6852bf.jpegWhatsAppImage2024-06-29at22_57_10.thumb.jpeg.938f890c677fa649a5ae862462531913.jpeg

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, ellocoloco said:

Just arrived from another accidental venture onto Ebay! I am falling behind. This is now the second I have awaiting a repaint into British colours. I'm off to the Perth Model Railway show in an hour. This could be an expensive weekend!

P6300001.thumb.JPG.45d8cf42f30716e5ef6dc5e669cbc97d.JPG

Had me going there for a moment. The Perth (Australia) Model Railway show was last week, but Mr Google just told me that Perth (Scotland) Model Railway show is on this weekend.

• Haha 1

What a nice father. Why do you need to hook up tender wiring? the locos are DCC ready, you just need to pop in a decoder. Or are you talking about speaker wiring to position it at a distance from the decoder. Or something else?

Edited by Brew Man

1 hour ago, Brew Man said:

What a nice father. Why do you need to hook up tender wiring? the locos are DCC ready, you just need to pop in a decoder. Or are you talking about speaker wiring to position it at a distance from the decoder. Or something else?

My MN has the HM7K decoder in the smoke box and the smallest speaker enclosure sitting on the front of the chassis. I think I took out the smoke box weight in its earlier TTS days.

Had a great afternoon at the Perth show and managed to get out without too much damage to my wallet. Two Lima torpedo wagons for £30. Not something I was really looking for but I do have an Aceralia Vossloh G1700 and need a couple of wagons for it. I think Ref is HL6045 putting them as Hornby production released as Lima Hobby line. Wheels are plastic and couplings molded to the bogies. They will eventually get a repaint and new wheels and couplers.

P7010002.thumb.JPG.795db877697f0cb21ccb8113e11a0108.JPG

• Like 2

56xx (~ = 66xx) 6624 Bachmann 0-6-2 received today.  Cleaned up a little, and gave a 'strategic touch of oil' and have had her running forwards / backwards - 180 turnaround - forwards / backwards.

Running extremely well - great (hardly little) locomotive.

32-079 - 6624 240701 chopped down.jpg

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ellocoloco said:

Had a great afternoon at the Perth show and managed to get out without too much damage to my wallet. Two Lima torpedo wagons for £30. Not something I was really looking for but I do have an Aceralia Vossloh G1700 and need a couple of wagons for it. I think Ref is HL6045 putting them as Hornby production released as Lima Hobby line. Wheels are plastic and couplings molded to the bogies. They will eventually get a repaint and new wheels and couplers.

P7010002.thumb.JPG.795db877697f0cb21ccb8113e11a0108.JPG

They always used to be in the Lima HO catalogues I think with UK markings, great looking wagons. 

• Like 1