Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

Thanks to my wife's negotiation skill R2610 The Caledonian Ltd Ed Train Pack. Mint in box. DCC ready. Examination of the loco reveals that because of the traction tyres on the large driving wheels pickup is from the front bogie wheels and the last pair of wheels.

/media/tinymce_upload/T2eC16V,!zcE9s4g3MMIBSBp!SKrQg~~60_58.JPG

Should go well with the other two coaches I have.

Further to my 12 Jan post I have examined the MKI parcels and it is not a Railroad model - it is r4619 - I thought all MK1 s were in the railroad range ?

Therefore, the price was fine - less than on this site as I was previously comparing it to the Railroad version of the parcels coach.

I simply had not realised that there were main range MK1s ?

Handsome loco. 

Yes, my wife thought so too as was pleased when I told her that the CR was absorbed into the LMS (her choice because of the red, I mean crimson lake). She also likes blue so she got the Gadwell that I posted earlier! Apparently I get all the GWR green grouping locos and she gets the rest, including apple-green.  :)

Placed an order for my next aquisition, Happy Christmas to me! Unfortunately not Hornby. A certain Atlantic in GNR livery from a certain extension of the NRM. Sorry Hornby, it's pricey but way beats IMO anything else available right now.

I have got two more sheets of Speed Limit signs from Ten Commandments (These look very realistic)

Also received resistors and capacitors for the ends of my DCC Bus

Plus a Kitronik Delux amplifier to put speakers under a couple of stations powered from 12v DC adaptor I use for lighting.  The kit was £9.99 from Maplins.

I also purchased a Latching Relay to power from the DCC Bus and to use though a decoder to switch from one speaker or the other sounds from RailMaster system. (No rush to do this)

I am tinkering with lots of bits at present (waiting for the next big fish I think, Loco Detection LOL)

I just receive three new Hornby coaches off Ebay. Two lighted Pullmans for £24 ea. and one teak "corridor" something-or -another (NOT Railroad) for £22. The little lighted table lamps look pretty nice. I wish all top-of-the-line Hornby coaches had lighting. I want to get some Rapido "Easy-Peasy" light kits for them, but none are availlable right now. What do you guys use for lights? Did I get a good deal?

Placed an order for my next aquisition, Happy Christmas to me! Unfortunately not Hornby. A certain Atlantic in GNR livery from a certain extension of the NRM. Sorry Hornby, it's pricey but way beats IMO anything else available right now.

Same for me, the staff at locomotion Gather it will be here in Feb. I went for the LNER livery.

Very expensive (i guess the years i've waited for one got the better of me), and I think locomotion were ambitious on the volumes, as to me, for that price, you would expect some exclusitivity, and second, for those volumes, the cost should have been more in line with the other NRM association models B'man have done, as they were (all variants considered) much smaller volumes.

nonetheless, very excited about that loco arriving.

Latest loco to arrive was 34067 Tangmere, which the Wife got me for Christmas. the last of my Great Goodbye collection arrived too, No.9, which the parents bought me when I ordered the full set, so all are now sat round the Turntable at Cornforth MPD!

Bought a Dapol Western just before Christmas, and that had to be replaced due to circuit failures. also bought a used Dapol Terrier "Stepney" around the same time. the replacement Western is much better.

Paul.

Noisy weathered black 5, unused, off Ebay. Admired but not yet driven.

Got my eye on Battle of Britain / West Country class Bulleid locos.

Passed over Tangmere on Ebay earlier this week; not sure that was the right call.......

You should have bought it. I bought both Tangmere and Wilton a little while back, but the prices are starting rise. Hornby Merchant Navy Class appear to be regularly fetching well over £100. I was lucky enough to recently buy a brand new DCC Fitted Clan Line for £50 - I have three so it will be renamed and numbered. 

I have just bought one each of R6676 and R6677 21 ton Coal Hopper Wagons. It is much better than the earlier ex Airfix version, the underframe and brake gear accurately modelled, and the body moulding looks OK but Hornby have forgotten to model the lower end handrails, which gives it an unfinished look. I will post a picture of a real one so you can see what I mean. It will look odd alongside my Parkside 21 tonners.

Today I have been very naughty! I bought rather a lot at the ToyFair.

Today I bought a MINIC 'Islands of Guernsey' ferry boat, a triple pack of Hornby 21 ton Hoppers (more work for me adding the missing handrails!) , a pair of Hornby lighted BSKs and an SK in green, a Triang TT Britannia, a TT diesel shunter (boxed), some more TT wagons and  a TT station complete with booking office, two complete platforms, platform shelters etc.  and lineside accessories i.e 'A' series engine shed, footbridge, water crane, signal box , a book about the Underground, and a fridge magnet station name sign.

They are still in the car, now I have got to sneak them in past SWMBO!!

Slapped legs for LC&DR if he is caught out!

Today I went to the Eastleigh show with the intention of buying the new K1. None there. However WTD was rather impressed by the NRM Midland Compound so he bought one, and then talked me into buying the other one. All we need now is for LC&DR to use his influence at the NRM to get us a couple of boxes !!!

Today I went to the Eastleigh show with the intention of buying the new K1. None there. However WTD was rather impressed by the NRM Midland Compound so he bought one, and then talked me into buying the other one. All we need now is for LC&DR to use his influence at the NRM to get us a couple of boxes !!!

There were K1s at York Toy Fair today, but no Hornby Green Mk1 CKs with lights so I have sent off mail order to complete the set.

Can't do anything about the boxes, sorry. The shop is another department altogether. Was the Midland Compound ever seen in the North East? Settle & Carlisle no doubt, but did they escape from Leeds towards York?

Bringing the stuff in to the house bit by bit, most is now resting on the table in the conservatory mixed in with a pile of tools and boxes of materials I am using to build a SR U1 2-6-0. As I am NOT a tidy worker hiding them in plain sight often works a treat. 

There were K1s at York Toy Fair today, but no Hornby Green Mk1 CKs with lights so I have sent off mail order to complete the set.

Can't do anything about the boxes, sorry. The shop is another department altogether. Was the Midland Compound ever seen in the North East? Settle & Carlisle no doubt, but did they escape from Leeds towards York?

Bringing the stuff in to the house bit by bit, most is now resting on the table in the conservatory mixed in with a pile of tools and boxes of materials I am using to build a SR U1 2-6-0. As I am NOT a tidy worker hiding them in plain sight often works a treat. 

There used to be lots of K1s on York shed!!!!

I  don't think the Compounds would have got any further north than York.

However as I model 1955-1966 the Maroon livery looks very nice. As my layout is vertical, has glass doors, and came from Lidls it doesn't really matter.

We thought you ran the entire thing at the NRM and only used the initials on here so it didn't clash !!!

I had to hide an EFE bus for my pal as he'd already bough a couple of buses that week. Six weeks I had it - after about two weeks SWMBO found it and assumed it was mine. Fortunately I had also bought the same model and as even she knew I wouldn't buy the same bus in the same livery I was off the hook !!