Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

Two SQuick Island Platform building card kits and a station platform card kit. Had to buy on-line via Amazon as my usual retailer closed, another 2 did not have them in stock, and another is linked with Metcalfe so naturally does not stock them.

Having a think about the Railroad last chance to buy Mk1 brake 2nd. .  

Not a brake 2nd on last chance to buy - a corridor 2nd MK 1 in maroon - ordered 2 as only £9.99 each and a brake second at normal price to gain free delivery. 

With the bundle of 6 and another BG bought earlier I can now have 2 rakes of 5 Railroad Mk1 s in maroon. 

At Gateshead Toy Fair this morning -

2 x Hornby Dublo 3 rail 0-6-0 diesel shunters,

Triang R53 Princess Loco with no tender,

Graham Farish 'N' 0-6-0 diesel shunter (for the mechanism to go in a OO9 kit)

3 x Hornby Dublo coaches in BR(W) chocolate and cream, 1 tinplate brake 2nd, 1 SD brake 2nd, 1 SD compo.

Hornby Dublo SD Lowmac

Hornby Dublo tinplate BR cattle van

Also four books, 3 about London Buses the other about Railways in Southampton, all full of lovely colour pictures!

When I got home a box of Oxford stuff had arrived including three new PO coal wagons and a load of diecast cars.

Recently had my Hornby R3114 B1 61270 back after fitting with Zimo sound, firebox glow coupled with coal shovelling and crew. Apparently it is difficult to fit a smoke unit, the fitter saying, "for some reason Hornby have made the boiler weight virtually impossible to get to & I do not want to cause any damage to the loco, therefore, I regret smoke is not possible."

Class O2  0-4-4 Steam Locomotive number 30182 in BR Black livery - DCC Ready. It arrived this morning. 

Any chance of a picture

Sorry fazy it's still in the box. There are a number of pictures on RMweb if you look under the Kernows heading. I'm still ballasting at the moment - and could be for sometime!

"Southern Rails around Southampton" by Ian Drummond, Holne Publishing2011 ISBN 978-0-9563317-2-4.

He seems to have done a creditable job, clear text, clear maps and lots of well chosen illustrations, from a wide period of time, mostly historical but including a few of modern subject matter. Lots of colour and of course black & white clearly printed on glossy paper. I have recommended it to my son who lives in Southampton.

Arrived yesterday from Liverpool by Parcelforce....R3184 Brighton Belle 1960 train pack....Problem encountered, the Table lights worked on DC testing but not working when decoder fitted....Tried 2 Hatton and 1 Hornby decoders to no avail but when any decoder was fitted wrong way, ie grey wire into pin1, hey presto, the lights worked on F1.....maybe this explains the very low price, could be a batch with incorrectly wired PCB......however, not a problem worth making a fuss about, it runs very nicely. HB.

I've bought a blue box Thomas Tank Christmas Express set with the aim of putting it on a board and have it running around the christmas tree. I really wanted it in G scale but the missus went mad when I mentioned the minimum space requirement so it had to be HO in the end. 

Hi

My latest buys are 3 Wrenn R1s, LMS Red, LMS Black (Changed from BR black) and a BR Black.

Very latest buy a Daplo Wessex Wagon Limited Edition "The Southern Counties Agricultural Trading Society Ltd" box van form the Mid Hant's Railway Wagon Group stand. very nice