Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

Just bought the railroad Evening Star (R3288) from my nearest model shop for £107.99. It looks lovely but I'm having dificulties removing the body from chassis. I've removed the tender and the screw under the cab as instructed, but I can't seem to lift the body off fully because it's stuck at the front as if hooked on to something or another screw needs removing. Can anyone help?

York Toyfair aquisitions!

A Hornby Arriva 'Northern' Pacer - for my Grandson to play with.

Some OO9 points, and a coach kit (Mikes Models)

A Farish GW 2-6-2T - a chassis donor for an OO9 loco.

Five Hornby Dublo tinplate coaches, and six boxed signals.Plus an Island platform.(no ramps)

Some OO whitemetal coach parts and a whitemetal kit for a SE&CR tender,

Some pre-War Meccano magazines.

Gateshead next weekend!!

Just ordered our very first new loco (that doesn't come in a set) AND features TTS. It is less than £100 delivered (which is expensive for us) but looking forward to it very much even - if it is a bit jerky!!

The loco is the Duke of Gloucester, I tried to buy from two model shops that are near by but neither have stock so ordered via the internet from a company in Liverpool!

...even - if it is a bit jerky!!

The loco is the Duke of Gloucester, ...

I have had my DoG for a long time and I think it is the best of the steamers so far. It has been totally reliable.

I had to adjust the speed regime to option 2 (cv150 value 1) to get it to run as smooth as I liked at creep speeds on my limited speed end to end layout and so far no problems at all otherwise. Other layout types and operating speeds may get away with the default speed regime option 1 (cv150 value 0).

I also plugged all gaps round the speaker enclosure, such as where the wires exit, with black-tak to improve the sound quality, something I do to all my speakers.

My Class 37TTS  has also proven totally reliable once I added a bit of weight to help cross dead frog points. I think TTS is much better suited to diesel than steam.

I have bought every version of the C since it was introduced, incliding the club edition in WW1 grey. I have also bought 6 more and renumbered them. I have an OO Works  'C' and a Finecast kit I built before Bachmann announced their model. I still have three more Finecast kits unbuilt.

Now I am waiting to see if the prediction made a few weeks ago that Hornby is working on the Wainwright  'H' comes true. I can certainly find room for a dozen or more of these. Up to present I have two 'H's built from Hornby Dublo R1s and Airfix 14xx 'cut & shut' and an as yet unmade Finecast kit.

Now if Bachmann / Locomotion models produce a NRM special Wainwright 'D' my joy will be complete (well almost!).

Gateshead Toyfair today was good for some more Hornby Dublo 3 rail  track, and some coaches. I found a rare Triang Swedish coach (yellow Primary Series with balconies) for three quid, and got another Triang 3Sub unit cheap too, including centre car. 

From a model shop,  2 railroad MK1s - a BSK and CK in maroon, 2 x 9 plank loco coal and a Fowler 2p 4-4-0 late crest 40602.

The 2P is rather nosiy though, it was quiet when first run but has developed an annoying intermittent screech. I have oiled where it says - axles and coupling rods, but to no avail, so the body will have to come off to see if there are any gears to oil.

RR Mk1s were only £12.95 each, and the wagons £6.00 each so happy with those prices..  

My latest acquisition is the seventies version of Nellie 😆! In the darkish blue S&DJR[?] livery as 7178. I got it via the 'Bay for a tenner plus another £3 P&P.. Had tried to for the "Lady" herself Nellie, though some of the prices asked for/paid were a little rich for me. Still keeping an eye out mind. I'm also looking at getting some of the freelance 4 wheel coaches too, for the staff. As I'm planning on a small 4'6" by 2' board an industrial yard, with a two road fiddle yard and plenty of siding to shunt