Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

I have quite a few of the older Dapol models (mostly ex-Airfix) and some of the same that were handed down to Hornby. The only problematic bit of detail is the pipe that runs on the left hand side of the County and the Castles as it is easy to damage the moulded handrail knobs if you squeeze too hard. Otherwise most of the detail on their locos is relitively robust.

Their wagons are also very robust. indeed some of their bodies are ex Hornby doubleo (preumably aquired from wrenn). Their 6 wheelede milk tanker has fine detail but this is in a rubbery plastic so does not break easily.

The only thing I would say is that Hornby's paint finish is usually better and the blackened handrails, wheels and metal front pony trucks are better than those on the Dapol Counties and Castles

/media/tinymce_upload/063034d51d0b07ab46ab7d0fe511b9f5.jpg

Just received this Wrenn Loriot P having bought it from eBay. These generally go for around £20 unless you find one with the chromed bar near the two brass rivits and then they go for silly money (£100+).

I cannot help feeling that Hornby (and Airfix) missed a trick here by never offering their similar Lowmac in the same livery. Indeed Hornby could still do it. 

Let me guess what those bodyshells are for, ThomasTheHornbyEngine!  😆

The LMS Ivatt Class 2 2-6-2T is to make your own Arthur and the H.K. Porter 0-6-0ST is to make your own Porter; Both of which are engines from Thomas & Friends. Am I right on guessing these two project's?

Just had a few days in Dereham and so had a ride on the Mid Norfolk railway inc the cream tea behind a GWR Pannier..

Treated myself to a Dapol BR Fruit MEX and Oxford Rover P4 and LWB Land Rover in BR Maroon and Cream. York Civil Engineer

Let me guess what those bodyshells are for, ThomasTheHornbyEngine!  😆

The LMS Ivatt Class 2 2-6-2T is to make your own Arthur and the H.K. Porter 0-6-0ST is to make your own Porter; Both of which are engines from Thomas & Friends. Am I right on guessing these two project's?

Yes you are! Later today I'm going to see if I can find a cheap wooden Porter to copy the face from. 3-D printing works, but I'm a mere amateur. 

I thought you were. Maybe you don't have to copy the face. Most of the Thomas & Friends Wooden Railway train's faces have been known to fit OO Gauge model railway locomotives perfectly, so you may be able to take the face off the wooden railway toy and glue it onto the H.K. Porter 0-6-0ST body.