Ver 1.58

gilbo2

Railmaster Version 1.58 has been made available. I do not know what the changes are as Release notes.txt has not been updated.

The issues I have had since 1.57 are stil present;

You may recall that I had assistance in getting my Train-tech “2 Aspect Home” signals to correctly change associated points and vis versa. This concluded with everything working under 1.56 Rev 9 although I did report “4 Point Pulses”.

Unfortunately under 1.58 Rev 0 the Train-tech signals are no longer working as they should. When I first click on the signal the point will change but further clicks keep pulsing the point in the same direction however the signal itself does change though. This is the same for all my signals. Also, clicking on the point dots changes the points but do not change the signals anymore. Any suggestions? (Reverting back to 1.56 Rev 9 the signals & points once again work correctly).

Other Observations;

1) The “Locomotive CV Settings” window would always remember the values read from the decoder. With 1.57, this information is not remembered i.e. when returning to the Locomotive CV Settings window the values are all blank again.

2) Similar to above, if I open an existing locos CV Settings window that I have never opened in 1.57 previously, I can see the CV values logged from 1.56 but if I close and go back in, the settings are cleared.

3) The resent Hornby releases, e.g. the P2, Santa Express, are not appearing in the loco library?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Railmaster Version 1.58 has been made available. I do not know what the changes are as Release notes.txt has not been updated.

The issues I have had since 1.57 are stil present;

You may recall that I had assistance in getting my Train-tech “2 Aspect Home” signals to correctly change associated points and vis versa. This concluded with everything working under 1.56 Rev 9 although I did report “4 Point Pulses”.

Unfortunately under 1.58 Rev 0 the Train-tech signals are no longer working as they should. When I first click on the signal the point will change but further clicks keep pulsing the point in the same direction however the signal itself does change though. This is the same for all my signals. Also, clicking on the point dots changes the points but do not change the signals anymore. Any suggestions? (Reverting back to 1.56 Rev 9 the signals & points once again work correctly).

Other Observations;

1) The “Locomotive CV Settings” window would always remember the values read from the decoder. With 1.57, this information is not remembered i.e. when returning to the Locomotive CV Settings window the values are all blank again.

2) Similar to above, if I open an existing locos CV Settings window that I have never opened in 1.57 previously, I can see the CV values logged from 1.56 but if I close and go back in, the settings are cleared.

3) The resent Hornby releases, e.g. the P2, Santa Express, are not appearing in the loco library?

It's early hours yet and i am still testing out this version 1.58. But i think this update is to address problems experienced by some users since the 1.57 release in the last few weeks. Concerning problems with ordering the Pro Pack within Railmaster, Railmaster becoming non-responsine( requiring a Forced Close) and internet access to our PC's from Railmasters order/licensing gateway. Also see Topic titled Colin.

It would be nice if RM Support could make a urgent post re this newer update 1.58 to help all those who have been caused difficulties since 1.57 release.

Your truly, John

HRMS

Since updating to 1.58 my points are not firing?

They change in RM on screen but NOT on the layout?

Maybe there sould be a roll back built in the software so if a version is installed and something doesn't work we can restore a previous version?

Help please. Has anyone else experienced this or other problems?

PJ

PJ, mines fine on 1.58, but then of course, i have not , nor see any reason for, a bus. Not into public transport. john

Hi John

I checked the wires back from the eLink and all seemed sound. The two wires only go from the elink and into a cable connector for the bus. After continued checking as it didn't make sense, I found although the connection into the cable connector was sound the black wire from the eLink to it caused the signals to go on and off. I cut the wire back and made a new connection and it is all sorted.

There was abviously a break in the plastic sleeve of the wire about 1" back from the connection to the cable connector.

Frustrating but sorted.

PJ

1.58 ??? I've only just downloaded 1.57 !

What does 1.58 do that 1.57 didn't ?

Hi ho

Here's another twist chaps

Switched on earlier, system 1.57 mode, screen says update 1.58 available, so go for download,

situation now is elite not recognised, I have tried several times to reboot, got a message driver missing,

quote 'CDC RS232 emulation demo'

any ideas would be useful.thanks

Downloaded 1.58 and it seems to have messed up trying to revise my layout plan. When I superimpose tracks crossing others underneath, all seems OK on the plan, but when I save a new plan, it reverts to the same old one and I get loose bits all over the place, some of them stacked very high on top of many others, which were not placed by me. I'll have another go, but can anyone else check this out on their system and report back?

Hi PJ... if you wanna roll back the software it shouldn't be that difficult.

If you use the direct download link like I have for most of the previous versions from powerpos you should be able to just install it by running the .exe file and it should overwrite what's on your PC. (When you download these just rename it with the current version number).

That effectively gives you the rollback and all settings should stay the same as it does when you update the program to a newer version as data files are untouched.

I don't think I got the chance to download v1.57 though!!! Hornby caught us with this speedy update!

Hi Hawksdown - sounds as though you have a corrupted dowload. Have you the Powerpos download link address to get the download again? I'll try to find it for you and re-post here.

Found it quicker than I anticipated - paste this into your browser to get the update again

http://www.powerpos.com/rail-master/rm_setup.exe

R-

I think sometimes people conclude too quickly that a download/installation is corrupted. The first thing I'd be doing is fault finding the software.

In in this instance the stated fault was driver not found, so the first thing I would try would be to update the driver. There are 2 choices here being the Windows driver and the new RM driver. I'd try both in turn if necessary. Then if still a problem, I'd be checking the comm port to make sure it didn't get changed from the previous version.

Then if still a problem, I'd be emailing HRMS before thinking about reinstalling.

...I'd be checking the comm port to make sure it didn't get changed from the previous version.

Then if still a problem, I'd be emailing HRMS before thinking about reinstalling.

You have a point with the COM port Fishy.

My 'new improved' router is unable to lock on an IP address to a particular pc or tablet, so I have to check each time before using any bit of kit or software that needs to know this.

No doubt some pcs may adopt this attitude with COM ports.

Checked the latest download file from PowerPos and release notes.txt now updated;

Hornby RailMaster 1.58 Release Notes - November 2014

=============================================

The latest release of RailMaster is a maintenance release.

● +Security update

● +Minor enhancements based on customer feedback

● +Minor improvements to Voice Control

I wonder what the "security issue" was? Perhaps explains why 1.58 was issued relatively quickly?

I think sometimes people conclude too quickly that a download/installation is corrupted.

I agree, in my experience a corrupt download usually comes up with a general windows type error as soon as you try to run it, preventing the installation.

I think sometimes people conclude too quickly that a download/installation is corrupted.

I agree, in my experience a corrupt download usually comes up with a general windows type error as soon as you try to run it, preventing the installation.

Usually, but not necessarily. If the header code of the file is corrupt it will not run. If data files are corrupt the install will work but upon reading that corrupt data the software could break down. If the error is in a .dll file for example then the install will pop up an error and will not complete.

Archived