502 Bad Gateway error

poliss

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has to be a Hornby thing with an incompatability somewhere as when I get the 502 error on Hornby I can always access any other web page.

Next time it happens I will try Airfix and Scalextric pages which should prove something one way or another.

I have just looked the error code up on WWW - as I am sure will have many of us getting this message. It seems there is usually nothing wrong with your machine or that at the other end, but more of a perceived error server to server (so to take RAF's point above it should be all forums' if they all use the same server.). There are quite a few things you can do on the machine giving the error to resolve it. Anyway, for what it is worth here is the site giving the fix. 

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/a/502error.htm

Hope it helps. R-

P.s. - can't seem to get the URL linking thing to work. R-

No, I'm not going to delete my cache and cookies just for the Hornby website. It's a big pain getting other saved websites to work when you do that. Besides, the Edge browser is newly installed and shouldn't have any cache or cookie problems. No other websites are reporting the 502 error. It's just Hornby, and they still haven't said a word about it.

To preclude doing what I call a 'Murray Walker' and invoking disaster when things are running so smoothly I have deliberately avoided posting that since you two went off for tea together it has been fine, but now the tea pot is obviously empty and others are reporting the lurgy is back then I must report mine is still fine on my iPAD and in (or should that be on) Edge.

Have a look at this website which allows you to see how many "hops" it takes to get data from Hornby.com to your modem......the routing to Cyprus, Australia and USA will be radically different to our local sites and, of course, we all use different providers.........my routing from Hornby went through 12 hops.........http://www.mediacollege.com/internet/troubleshooter/traceroute.html............so somewhere along the route there can be a failed Gateway which will affect one of us but nobody else, so outside Hornby's control......... 😀....HB

Have a look at this website which allows you to see how many "hops" it takes to get data from Hornby.com to your modem......the routing to Cyprus, Australia and USA will be radically different to our local sites and, of course, we all use different providers.........my routing from Hornby went through 12 hops.........http://www.mediacollege.com/internet/troubleshooter/traceroute.html............so somewhere along the route there can be a failed Gateway which will affect one of us but nobody else, so outside Hornby's control......... 😀....HB

The error only occurs on Hornby's website and only with modern browsers. I suspect the Hornby site is not optimised for them.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived