Wishlist 2017 and beyond

Leigh Terry

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RAAF 200 Flight modified B-24 

special operations flight that operated out of south east queensland, supported special Z-force missions in borneo and malasia with low level paratroop drops, supplies and storepedoes. aircraft were modified to be light weight, low armor and contained a slippery slide for the paratroopers

/media/tinymce_upload/6732c5efac5469df17cfb91df6ef32dc.jpg

Nope.... You're all wrong

it should be:

1/72:

1. Stalwart
  2. AEC Militant Mk1 and Mk3
  3. Bedford RL
  4. Ferret- any mark
  5. A 50s style Aircraft support set, including Leyland 19H refueller, Bedford A1Z crewbus & Land rover Series 1
  6. A 60s style Aircraft support set, including AEC TG6RB refueller, Bedford SL bomb handler and Mini car
  7. An RAF emergency set including Austin K9 Ambulance, Nubian Major Mk7 and Land rover TACR1

1/48: 

1. Landrover Series 1
  2. Bedford RL 
  3. Bedford MK tactical refueller

.....and see bottom of my post  😉

I would really like to see a model of a Bedford RL in either 1/76 (1/72) or 1/35. I made a comment a few months ago saying it's unbeleivable that the FV 432 personnel carrier has been so neglected in plastic after 50 years service. The RL was in service worldwide for donkeys years and is another subject that has been almost ignored. It does seem a bit strange that so many kits appear of WW2 oddities that are almost unknown but, apart from a couple of recent 1/48 Afghan war subjects, most post war British equipment  may as well not exist at all. This is despite the fact that many vehicles have appeared regularly on TV over the years, especially in news and documentaries. I hope I'm not the only one who would like to see Airfix fly the flag more for the British Army.

Nope.... You're all wrong

it should be:

1/72:

1. Stalwart
  2. AEC Militant Mk1 and Mk3
  3. Bedford RL
  4. Ferret- any mark
  5. A 50s style Aircraft support set, including Leyland 19H refueller, Bedford A1Z crewbus & Land rover Series 1
  6. A 60s style Aircraft support set, including AEC TG6RB refueller, Bedford SL bomb handler and Mini car
  7. An RAF emergency set including Austin K9 Ambulance, Nubian Major Mk7 and Land rover TACR1

I'd buy (1), (4) and (7); possibly several of (7) because the K9 and Landie have conversion potential and I love Nubians!

1/48 and/or 1/24 DH Tiger Moth

1/48 Westland Scout and/or Wasp

1/48 Auster series

1/72 or 1/48 Percival Gull Six/Vega Gull

1/72 and 1/48 DH Hornet

1/72 and 1/48 Phantom FG.1 and FGR.2

1/72 Sepecat Jaguar

1/72 Avro Vulcan

1/48 Bristol Sycamore

1/72 and 1/32 Centurion

(several of these are ones I wouldn't buy but feel would do well and fit in with the Airfix brand)

• 2 weeks later...

1/72 Scale Aircraft

British Phantoms FGR1 & 2

Westland Scout & Wasp

Tornado GR4

VC10

T-45 Goshawk

AMX

Mirage 2000C and D/N

Squirell HC1

Agusta A109A (Used by SAS)

Yes to all of those, except the VC 10 I would have in 1/144, the A109A could also come with Argentine Army markings ( Actually the same aircraft with different owners!).

A good selection - I am desperately looking for a 1/72 Wasp to complete a themed collection and would love to see a nice Tornado in 1/72 (I have the 9 Squadron anniversary decal scheme which looks great) and a Eurofighter to use the Battle of Britain livery decals from last year's display team.

Also new WW2 vehicles (I'll settle for reissues for now) to go with Airfix Battles but a new Sherman (with Firefly option) and Panzer IV would be a good start along with a Willys Jeep/6 pounder tooling to go alongside the Airborne Howitzer recently released, a new Universal Carrier and Sdkfz 251.

Later on some Desert forces.

• 2 weeks later...

Wish list? Hmmmmmm

1/72. Looking forward to a B17E/F which having just got my G is I'd say on the cards due to the modular way the component frames have been tooled (the new G is a gorgeous kit it won't stay unbuilt for long) 

how about a B25? plenty of options and another one could be modular tooled to provide plenty of different Marks. The A26 invader deserves a new tooling too I reckon.

Airfix seems to have German WW2 types fairly well covered, an interesting type which I reckon would make a good subject is the Heinkel HE219 Uhu night fighter. sticking with Axis powers, Italy there appears to be a lack of Italian types being models, the Macchi C202 Folgore for one I reckon merits a new tooling, with the CR42 too, a new tool of the Savoia-Marchetti SM79 Sparviero would be also be nice.

How about an F105 Thunderchief? another with a few options, used as a bomber and 'weasel bird'. Staying with the Veitnam era, a US Navy Intruder or Prowler, along with Veitnamese MIG's 17 or 21.

I'd love to see the MIG 25 Foxbat, and how about updating the SU27 with a new tool SU35? another modern fast jet which would be the F22 Raptor.

1/48. I the F4 would make a great addition to the range, How about a Sepecat Jaguar or Tornado or Harrier GR9, a great dogfight double would be the Sea Harrier/Skyhawk Falklands conflict. Mirage III, P51B/C plenty of options with this aircraft, a P47 razorback and possibly a P38 Lightning. Blenhiem, Beaufort, Hampden, Zero and an FW190 too.

Moving away from Aircraft, I'd like to see some more 1/12 scale cars, they'd have to be iconic like the blower Bentley. with this in mind, I'd love to see some old Formula One cars in 1/12scale. 

Any of the ERA pre war racers, most are still racing many still in the UK so they'd be accessible to scan etc.

Bugatti Type 35 the Iconic racer would make a lovely model on the plus side no fiddly wire wheels to tool :) 

Lotus 25, Jimmy Clarks championship winner another still racing today thanks to Classic Team Lotus

Lotus 49 the Chapman game changer the options for this model would be huge as the 49 won races from 1967 to 1970 with little change to the monocoque but major changes as aerodynamics with different wings and cowlings engine covers etc.

BRM P57 Graham Hill's 'old faithful' which is another car which evolved during its career.

AAR Eagle T1G one of the prettiest of the late 60's racing cars from Dan Gurney's All American Racers.

Brabham BT19, 'old nail' the car that was designed by Ron Tauranac and Driven to championship victory in 1966 by the legendary Jack Brabham. 

Hesketh 308B James Hunt's car from 1975 in which he took his first Grand Prix win.

Williams FW07, the best of the ground effects wing cars and used to great effect by Alan Jones to secure the world championship of 1980 

I'd love to see an Airfix Brabham BT52, Nelson Piquet's 1983 championship winning car both the original and B version could be modelled along with several options at individual races

who about the Brawn BGP001 now that was a car...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

On my wishlist would be a 1/48th Chipmunk.  

It would compliment the recent training aircraft produced by Airfix. Just think of all the former Air Cadets and abinitio pilots who had their first experience of flight in it. Could be a good selling point.

I built the Aeroclub version years ago and it was a tidy model but one produced to the current airfix standard would be tremendous. 

Archived